I need a box design for 3 12's, or just advice

Looked at designs and templates and ideas online and made a box my size, so like half winging it. Future boxes will be more to spec, partly why I posted. I know some about subs but have a lot to learn. Will the sundowns be a lot louder then type r's, would the xfl subs be a huge difference. Is it worth a amp upgrade
Let me share with you my experience with type R subs. Back then, I had a type R 12 newest generation with the black cone in a sealed box for testing purposes on a hifonics bxi 1610.d ran at 2 ohms. I had a C2 audio threatcon 2 which is close to the league of sundown but not quite. Did a direct swap and the threatcon trashed the type R like no tomorrow on output. Waaay louder with a c2 threatcon and the sundown SA is louder than a C2. In a proper ported box, you'll notice a big gain.

Big problem with what you are doing is, anytime you are changing any part of the design, the airspace and tuning will be affected and throw everything off balance ending up with a much less than desirable box design which will greatly impact output. You cant Frankenstein box blue prints without really knowing how it will affect the acoustics of the box.

however if you are dead set on american bass,, here's a pair for 300 to save some dough. You'll want a bigger amp and definitely some major electrical upgrades.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/614012-two-americanbass-xfl1244.html

I'm willing to be if you put those type Rs in a proper box with subs up port to the rear, they will get decently loud also.

Ok I'm gonna need electric upgrades regardless, should a put another battery in the trunk or a big one under the hood. Or straight to a bigger alternator. I should probably go both by my luck the car will blow up (high miles) shortly after. So I'm not entirely set on ab, but they're cheaper than sundown, and soundqubed is even cheaper. Which I've heard their similar. But would the SQ not perform as great? And yeah I gotta figure out how to tune and ****. Thing is we tested the subs in all directions and straight back was loudest. Does the port direction matter that much? Right now it come out on the same side as the subs

Let me share with you my experience with type R subs. Back then, I had a type R 12 newest generation with the black cone in a sealed box for testing purposes on a hifonics bxi 1610.d ran at 2 ohms. I had a C2 audio threatcon 2 which is close to the league of sundown but not quite. Did a direct swap and the threatcon trashed the type R like no tomorrow on output. Waaay louder with a c2 threatcon and the sundown SA is louder than a C2. In a proper ported box, you'll notice a big gain.
Big problem with what you are doing is, anytime you are changing any part of the design, the airspace and tuning will be affected and throw everything off balance ending up with a much less than desirable box design which will greatly impact output. You cant Frankenstein box blue prints without really knowing how it will affect the acoustics of the box.

however if you are dead set on american bass,, here's a pair for 300 to save some dough. You'll want a bigger amp and definitely some major electrical upgrades.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/614012-two-americanbass-xfl1244.html

I'm willing to be if you put those type Rs in a proper box with subs up port to the rear, they will get decently loud also.

Been thinking about that last thing you said. It's the cheapest route so I'm gonna try it. Help me man, manual specs are about 1.5 cubes per sub, and I want to 45 them at the window with ports firing back. How big do I make the ports, what kind of ports, I'll be dividing them so specs for one some chamber will be great and I'll just double. Dimensions aren't very hard. But I know nothing about ports or tuning. Help.

Been thinking about that last thing you said. It's the cheapest route so I'm gonna try it. Help me man, manual specs are about 1.5 cubes per sub, and I want to 45 them at the window with ports firing back. How big do I make the ports, what kind of ports, I'll be dividing them so specs for one some chamber will be great and I'll just double. Dimensions aren't very hard. But I know nothing about ports or tuning. Help.
use torres box calculator along with winisd, both are free programs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.