I need to anchor my box

some dude

I myself was once president of Algeria
I have a 99 Toyota Avalon. In the trunk is a box that takes up most of the space. 2 12s facing rearward.
I currently have my rear seat out so easier to mess with the rear of the box.

I was thinking metal 90* brackets bolted/ screwed into the metal of the car.

What do you all do / suggest?

I have a 99 Toyota Avalon. In the trunk is a box that takes up most of the space. 2 12s facing rearward.
I currently have my rear seat out so easier to mess with the rear of the box.

I was thinking metal 90* brackets bolted/ screwed into the metal of the car.

What do you all do / suggest?
I always make a False floor out of 1/2"-1" Plywood and cover with same color carpeting/or use speaker carpet. Screw that down to the trunk floor(use the existing cardboard floor insert as a templet to make). I then have the Subs removed and on the inside of the enclosure I use screws and washers to secure the enclosure to the Plywood, and hit each screw with a dab of Silicone. put subs back in and the enclosure is secure and can not be unscrewed from the outside to be removed by thieves. It will have to be pried out. And best of all... no ugly azzed L-brackets to look at when you look at everything. You may want to find another spot for your spare tire doing it this way. If you have road side assistance for the spare tire changes, I wouldnt worry too much about it

By the way.. Thats a Dammned good car!! Ive seen a couple of those with over 400k miles on them.Some with 300K Plus and purr like a kitten. Very reliable and dammned good car!!!

OK, thanks for the input. It's giving me ideas.

My folks bought the car brand new. I got it when they upgraded. It has 267k on it. Burns no oil and gets 27 mpg in the summer. It's a grampa car but it's comfortable, large, and reliable.

My folks bought the car brand new. I got it when they upgraded. It has 267k on it. Burns no oil and gets 27 mpg in the summer. It's a grampa car but it's comfortable, large, and reliable.
We had an Avalon, that had 285,000 miles on it when it was stolen in D.C. It was still running like a new car. Good cars.

That car isnt even broke in yet!!! gets really decent gas mileage for a V6.and is a luxury sedan.I would drive that car until I couldnt afford oil changes. dammned good car.!! Wow!! its hard to find a 1 owner vehicle these days and not knowing how well it was maintained also. Id drive it all day long everyday

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...