I immediately blew my new subs.

I think slightly over a grand was more than fair for the results I was seeking. Also, just because I acted like a teenager on the gain knob, doesn't mean I 'don't know what I'm doing'. There is no bass boost, no loudness. See above for the results of the battery test.
Well.... that's where we differ. I think it was an absolute rip-off. It doesn't help that your fancy set-up has ruined to pairs of subs for you now haha.

But in all honesty, it sounds like something has gone bad in that amp, and it's sending DC volts to the speakers. When that happens, the sub will lock up exactly as you're describing. If this is the case, it means a bad amp. Which means you should be able to return it.... especially at the price you paid. You can test for this as described above. Take your DMM to the speaker terminals on the amplifier, and read for DC voltage.

Well.... that's where we differ. I think it was an absolute rip-off. It doesn't help that your fancy set-up has ruined to pairs of subs for you now haha.But in all honesty' date=' it sounds like something has gone bad in that amp, and it's sending DC volts to the speakers. When that happens, the sub will lock up exactly as you're describing. If this is the case, it means a bad amp. Which means you should be able to return it.... especially at the price you paid. You can test for this as described above. Take your DMM to the speaker terminals on the amplifier, and read for DC voltage.[/quote']

Thanks for your recommendations. I will try this when I get home tonight. I am actually hoping this is the problem, because everything else has been troubleshooted.

hell, return the subs too because it was the faulty amp that spiked em. get all new everything under manufact warranty
I more than likely have no manufacturer warranty, because it was all purchased from unauthorized retailers! But the sellers I purchased them from should work with me.

Thanks for your recommendations. I will try this when I get home tonight. I am actually hoping this is the problem, because everything else has been troubleshooted.

I more than likely have no manufacturer warranty, because it was all purchased from unauthorized retailers! But the sellers I purchased them from should work with me.
you would be amazed who is actually an authorized dealer on the web, especially of mainstream equipment.

You spent that much from Unauthorized retailers???? o.0 holy crap.... Well yea, whoever you bought it from should still take a return or an exchange or something, it hasn't even been a month.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.