JimmyP123

CarAudio.com Newbie
Subs: 2 kicker comp r 12inch 2ohm

500 watts each. 1000 together

Amp: CAB 2000.1D (great budget amp)

Certified: 1298W 2ohm

Car: 2004 Honda Accord EX. 105 Amperes

alternator

Box: Kicker beefy box. It’s tuned at 40 hertz (75% sure I’m right. I remember seeing it before but can’t find it)

If you have any questions for me feel free to ask.

#1: Do you think I will need to upgrade my Alt. It’ll pull 115 amperes when it peaks at 1298.

#2: Are there any necessary electrical upgrading I should do?

#3: what gauge wiring should I use? I’m more worried about ground, power, and speaker. I want to be sure that I’m not losing power because of my wire size. The lower the gauge the better.

#4 What does ur mean when the box is tuned at 40hz. Does the bass sound the best in that range?

#5: How do you set your filters so that it is in that 30-50hz range? And what would I have to do on my head unit?

#6: If I were to set my gain at my gain at 2/3 I’d be at 875w (437.5 per sub). Would turning the bass boost up on the amp/head unit be a good idea?

#7: How do you “break in” subs properly?

1. No.
2. You can do the Big 3 upgrade but not needed. Add a volt meter.
3. Whatever gauge wire the amp requires.
4. Simple answer is that is the peak frequency of the box.
5. You set your subsonic filter to 28hz. Low pass filter to 80hz.
6. That isn't how gain works. You set your gain to match your headunits RCA voltage. Then impedance rise will play a role in getting even less power. No, do not turn the bass boost on.
7. Plug them into a wall socket.. No I wouldn't worry about breaking those in. Not enough power to harm them. But breaking in subwoofers is as easy as taking it easy on them while the suspension loosens up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.