Advice on audio setup in 2012 Citroën C1

Participant count
  • Participant list

VonArmin

CarAudio.com Newbie
So,

I recently bought a Citroën C1 and im not quite satisfied with the audio performance of the stock speakers in the car.

Im planning to replace the speakers and maybe add an amp if it seems necessary.

I would like to keep the stock HU, because I would like to keep the stock look. Also, I would prefer not using a sub, space in the car is already tight and im not after earthshaking bass, just a nice full sounding setup.

My C1 has space for 10cm (4") or tweeters in the dash and 16,5cm (6,5") in the doors.
My car has the HU with usb and blutetooth built in, doesnt use ISO layout.

So my first question would be; go for tweeters or a coax design in the dash, and why.
Im not sure on the power of the stock HU so my second question is; do I need and amp, if so how hot do they get because I would like to throw it behind the dash.

Also a few considerations; Do I need a crossover when im using a composet/component/coax?

Budget is about €400, so im guessing €200 on speakers, €150 on amp and €50 overhead.

Advice on components, speakers, amps and insight would be greatly appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.