I have an issue

J.D. Nichols

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ohio
So I just got these two 8" subs and an 1000w amp but once and a while when the bass hits hard the speaker just stop working I'm assuming that the speakers are drawing to much power and the amp is just turning them off to not blow the fuse. But that might not be it cause I'm not so smart about speakers. So what can I do to fix the speakers so they don't turn off

More details. Brand and model of the subs and amp? How are they wired? series or parallel? Total impedance 2 ohm, 4 ohm, something different? How large is the power wire to the amp? How is it grounded? Has the gain been set to match the head unit driving the amp?

I would guess it's parallel the speakers say the brands is MTX audio I have no idea what model they are I bought them off of Facebook market place and the person didn't know anything about them the wire for power are from a amp install kit I don't remember the brand and the amp is sony xpiōd

So what can I do to fix the speakers so they don't turn off
Everything looks right with your wiring. You are running one speaker per channel and those 8" more than likely are single 4 ohm. My guess is that you may have a bad ground. Amp pushes a hard note but lacks power from the battery, so it cuts off. If the fuse by the battery is 60 amps and above, you are good there. I say check your amp ground. Make sure it is making great contact with the bare metal. Sand it if you are unsure. After doing that, I suggest to set the LEVEL knob on your amp. Turn the LEVEL knob all the way counter clockwise. Turn on radio to 75% of it's volume or until speakers distort, then dial it back a bit. Now turn the LEVEL clockwise until the subs distort or cut off, then dial it back a bit. You are done.

Is the thunderform box specific to your truck? What truck and year? Perhaps it can be found so we can get more specifics. Looks like you're using both channels, but only one set of rcas so 1 channel is likely not sending any power cause it's not getting any input signal. Is there 2 wiring spots on the enclosure or 1? Where is the gain set? Need information to help.

That amp is rated at 400w bridged, but if it works properly, 2 8s in a single cab should provide adequate bump.

The box is not specifically made for my truck I think it was made for a ford ranger I don't know the year there is only 1 wiring spots I'm sorry but I don't know what the gain is set at

Well I found the problem it was one of the speakers themselves inside of the speaker the positive and ground where touching the same piece of metal causing the amp to go into protection mode. And so now I have to get a new 8" subs I'm looking at the boss cxx8 600 watts 4 ohms or the pyle PLPW8D 800 watts 4 ohms

Well I found the problem it was one of the speakers themselves inside of the speaker the positive and ground where touching the same piece of metal causing the amp to go into protection mode. And so now I have to get a new 8" subs I'm looking at the boss cxx8 600 watts 4 ohms or the pyle PLPW8D 800 watts 4 ohms

Good deal! Are the subs not fixable? Try and see if they are. That box was designed for those subs, anything else may sound lacking. The MTX are better than those two brands, and the less capital invested now will be more funds for when you gain a better understanding of your personal tastes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.