I have a few questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fir3controlman
10+ year member

1. I have two amps and i need a distribution block for them. I have 4 gauge cable running from my battery but when it splits I'm gonna have an 8 gauge going to my speaker amp and the 4 gauge going to my sub amp is that okay?

2. I have a cap for my sub amp do I put the cap after the DB or before it, does it even matter?

3. When I wire my remote wire from my sub amp can I just connect it to my speaker amps remote wire input? Or do I have to go all the way to the back of the head unit?

4. I've heard that you can get a switch to turn your amp on and off so when your car is on it wont turn on. What is the switch called? Do I have to get a switch for each amp or can I use multiple amps on one switch?

1) Yes its cool

2) dont use a cap, but another batt

3)You can jump it form one amp to the other

4) Toggle switch, if you use one you'll need seperate remotes for each amp unless you want the toggle to control both.

1. That could work, but you'll want a fused distro block

2. Put the cap in the trash can

3. Yeah you can daisy chain it

4. Why would you need a switch to turn the amps off with the car on? If you really need one, you could just put it on your remote turn on wire.

1) Yes its cool2) dont use a cap, but another batt

3)You can jump it form one amp to the other

4) Toggle switch, if you use one you'll need seperate remotes for each amp unless you want the toggle to control both.
you bitch, I was typing

If i get a second battery where would I put it? I have a ford mustang, so its not like I can put it in the engine space, there is no extra room. Also if I have my car on but not turned over which I need to do sometimes my car will die pretty fast. Its nice to have that switch to turn it off.

If i get a second battery where would I put it? I have a ford mustang, so its not like I can put it in the engine space, there is no extra room. Also if I have my car on but not turned over which I need to do sometimes my car will die pretty fast. Its nice to have that switch to turn it off.
How long do you leave your car like that? hours? I mean the idle draw of an amp is next to nothing. Just turn your radio off...or like I said, if you must do it, just use a toggle switch.

And the second battery can go in the trunk.

if you add a second battery in the trunk it should be in it's own enclosure and vented to the exterior. the only exception is Gel batteries, which should still be enclosed, but shouldn't require venting (still a good idea though).

you shouldn't need another battery unless you're planning on playing it for hours with the car off.

do your amps turn off when you turn your head unit off? do you want to listen to music with the car off?

if you put a toggle switch on the remote wire at the dash, you can shut off your amps.

If you want to listen to the radio while th key is off you'll need to add a separate power wire to the accessory (red) wire on th eradio. you'll also need to diode isolate the accessory wire coming from the harness so you don't power the whole car with a small wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.