I am opening a Car Audio store in Austin, TX, need some input on brands

i would go after the brands that are the most desired that give you the best profit margin. a couple decent brands to look into are crossfire, clarion, and american bass.

dr. crankenstein is coming out with a new line. i would for sure look into that. as for cheap stuff pyramid is good for odds and ends. i wouldnt spread yourself thin by haveing so many brands. on many brands you will most likely have a minimum buy in and will have to sell x amount of dollars in equipment in a given period of time.

just a thought and dont know if it has been said yet cause i only read the first few pages but

if your going to carry lower end lines carry like sony and lanzar, not uber crap like pyle and that stuff

crunch is decently priced and make some decent stuff. might want to look into those.

and ppi is another good brand

I made the mistake of not checking on this thread for a while and there are some good suggestions here now. I am officially back in the US. Austin seems to be a great place for my business and I am currently taking business classes to make sure I do all this right. I am going to start calling around and narrowing down the companies that I will carry as well as finding wholesale places to buy some power end and common products from. Thanks for the suggestions!!

It seems that different areas have different types of business. I have a friend that is a manager of a large retail car audio sore chain. They are always busy. I also know a few people that own smaller single location stores and they are busy also. Talking to them, their customers come in for a huge range of equipment, but then again there are well over 1 million people in the city.
they have the ability to offer CREDIT I'd check into offering some kind of credit plan; 3rd party of course. I got a CC card when I was looking for home speakers and I ALMOST used it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.