FEATURED Hyundai Cilantro.. I mean Elantra!

Well I went to the hardware store and got some round top, flat bottom screws to hold the 3" mids in place. They are perfect and look how nice they fit. I may use a sharpie on the screw heads to make them black. Once installed they will have the grills on the pods.

20220322-135157.jpg

20220322-135245.jpg

Last edited:
I need some ideas for my amplifiers. I want to get them off the enclosure. 1, so I can put the second L brace on the box and 2, so the amps aren't on the box.

Gonna run 3 amps, all RF Punch amps. The 1000x1 - 500x2 - 400x4. I have PLENTY of room above the enclosure, as you see, for a rack but I am at a loss for ideas on how to execute the amp rack. I want access to the amps controls from the open trunk (top mounted controls) so I was thinking an angled rack would/could work. Thought? Ideas? Feel free to grab the image and sketch in ideas. Thx!

Trunk-2.jpg

Attachments

• Trunk-2.jpg
    Trunk-2.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 17
I need some ideas for my amplifiers. I want to get them off the enclosure. 1, so I can put the second L brace on the box and 2, so the amps aren't on the box.

Gonna run 3 amps, all RF Punch amps. The 1000x1 - 500x2 - 400x4. I have PLENTY of room above the enclosure, as you see, for a rack but I am at a loss for ideas on how to execute the amp rack. I want access to the amps controls from the open trunk (top mounted controls) so I was thinking an angled rack would/could work. Thought? Ideas? Feel free to grab the image and sketch in ideas. Thx!

Trunk-2.jpg
I dont use L brackets to hold down a heavy sub box with subs in it. they really are not as strong as you think they are. And when you open that trunk they are exposed and UGLY as HELL LOL. Easy for a thief to cut the bracket as well as to unscrew them and snagg the enclosure( Its happened to me in the past). I make a false floor(use the existing cardboard insert for a templet ) out of 3/4" plywood and make sure its a tight fit. Ill find a couple places the screw it down.Put the existing Card board inset with carpet back in. Take each sub out and screw down the enclosure down with 3/4 inch Star head ( or square head)deck screws, use the same for the subs and mounting down your amps. The 3/4 plywood will give you some stability and the ability to mount the amp board structure as well. It will be like a one full structure and time consuming issue to remove anything for a thief. I removed my spare tire and found another place for it. You can do a lot with wood and 3M adheasive spray and speaker box carpet and a wood or heavy plastic type roller(same as you use for rolling out deadner with or Equiv.). When mounting your amps.. put some aluminum 1/2-1" spacers with small washers when screwing down to look nice as well as giving some space under the amplifiers to get some air to run a bit cooler(especially in trunk placement). You can use washers as well Like 3-5 also. Keeps the heat temps down on the amplifier underneath. Scroll fan can be used as I use to blow under the amps to help move the heat . Get a high cfm itll be in the trunk so you will not hear it much at all. I use Stinger/XS 8" and some 6"scroll fans. Cheap enough and easy to screw down easily and wire up at the distro blocks for power and supply and on/off on one of the remote connections of the amplifiers. I usually do it on the sub amp and not the Mids and highs just in case I hear any interference . Just my suggestions

Last edited:
Use a different type of screw at each screw down point if you are that concerned about it. They have to take my seats out to get my box. The thieves will probably stab your subs if they can't take your box. It ***** either way though.

Waiting for me in the back of the local Harbor Freight is my new mechanics cart. I will be using this as my "Car Audio/Mechanic's Cart". Went on sale today for Inside Track Club members, which I am, and I also got an additional 20% off on top of that thanks to my buddy. $169 out the door.

20220404-143852-1.jpg

Years ago, l almost had one of those style box carts fall over, it’s a Cornwell version, looks like the CTBMM100BL-PRO for visual reference, but basically the same cart. Had it up against the wall in the garage and most of the drawers open sifting through / sorting stuff and it started tipping over forward! Had to muscle it back upright while getting the drawers back in quickly as they were trying to open themselves even worse. I thought it was going over for sure :ROFLMAO: . It seemed tilted a little forward, so I propped the front wheels up on some like 1” board to angle it back a little and never had that happen again, although I was more mindful when opening drawers (I didn't need it nor was I using it as a cart, just tool storage). Useless to this thread, but kind of funny and brought back memories seeing that cart you bought :D.

It was my dads, I picked it up from a body shop he worked at after he needed immediate heart surgery and had to quit work, which I then needed to get all his tools before they ended up missing. We had tool boxes and such in the garage, but never had one almost flip over on me like that until then. 🥳

And cool build / project, I've been checking the thread even if I don't comment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...