FEATURED Hyundai Cilantro.. I mean Elantra!

Don't forget the "go fast" stickers you can buy also. Those alone should add a few HP as well ;).

Always cracks me up when I see a car with stickers with all the names of their Performance or Car Audio parts they put in there. Basically taking out a add for "go ahead and break in" right on their windows or bumper!

Found a piece of wood at the Home Depot today that should work for my floating/suspended amp rack. It is 1/2" x 36" x 12". I should be able to mount both RF Punch amps and my Dayton Audio DSP to it. I am trying to locate some carpet for the board that will blend in with my factory trunk carpet. Oh, I am also brainstorming how I will suspend the board from the rear deck. All thread perhaps? Hmmm. :unsure:

Here is my initial idea for the suspended amp rack. I have found mounts that may work.

Attachments

• Amp-Rack.jpg
    Amp-Rack.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 18
I removed the Soundstream amp from the sub-box and added the second oversized L bracket to the enclosure and secured it to the body of the car. No front to back movement, no side to side movement. This box is secured at two points on the box and two points on the car.

I moved on to adjusting the voltage meter on the Stinger Capacitor. I let the car warm up and the voltage at the battery was 14.3v at idle on flat ground and an air temp of 70°F. I adjusted the voltage on the Cap to 14.3v so it would read correctly.

I then moved on to removing excess amplifier cables and set the gain on the sub-amp. I set all my EQ's flat. No bass enhancements. No delays. At full tilt on the head unit volume (40 out of 40) using a -10db 40hz tone I set the gain to 34.65v. This should be 1200w @ 1ohm on a sine wave. I think I used a -5db @ 40hz tone the last time and yes, I can feel the difference now. 😬

Monday I locate some carpet for the amplifier board and I begin mocking up the amp rack.

Got the fabric to cover the board. I have decided to mount it to the enclosure with L brackets leaving a gap between the sub-box and amp board. It actually looks good in concept. This mounting option still allows for access to the controls on each amp and I will be able to hide wires and cables. I will use rubber O rings at each and every screw point including under each amp and the DSP.

Got the fabric to cover the board. I have decided to mount it to the enclosure with L brackets leaving a gap between the sub-box and amp board. It actually looks good in concept. This mounting option still allows for access to the controls on each amp and I will be able to hide wires and cables. I will use rubber O rings at each and every screw point including under each amp and the DSP.
I think I'm going to do my rack with plexiglass and aluminum rods similar to your idea. I like your idea of using all thread. I can just put my own threads on the aluminum rod ends and keep the smooth look. Do you have your DSP hooked up and running?

I think I'm going to do my rack with plexiglass and aluminum rods similar to your idea. I like your idea of using all thread. I can just put my own threads on the aluminum rod ends and keep the smooth look. Do you have your DSP hooked up and running?
Not yet. I have to track down some 4 conductor wire today for the 3" and tweeters. I have the twisted speaker wires for the midbass here. I want to mount everything then run wires. I may add a second battery to the trunk as well.

WoooHooo!! I stopped by the Home Depot and found EXACTLY what I was looking for. 16awg multi-strand OFC 4 conductor wire... dig this, sheathed in a grey jacket!!! Grey matches my interior color. I got 40 feet to be safe. This wire is just for the 4 channel and the 3" mids as well as the tweeters. I have Knukonceptz Karma twisted pair 16awg OFC just for the 6.5" mid-bass from the 2 channel. The Karma 16awg looks bigger than the 16awg from the Home Depot. I guess I will have to add Home Depot to my sig lol

20220504-194840.jpg

Not sure what I was doing but I mounted the amps and DSP to the board and was gonna go install stuff today. Apparently I did not have RCA cables. I ordered a 6ft set and two 4ft sets. So I guess the amp rack will wait a bit more.

20220511-224208.jpg

IF the Dayton has some noise issues. There is a few threads at DIYMA explaining how to get rid of it. Has to do with grounding iirc. I just can't remember off the top of my head exactly what each person did. But some have that issue some do not. I think mainly it was the older units from a few years ago but could be wrong. Just a FYI Thx.

Not sure what I was doing but I mounted the amps and DSP to the board and was gonna go install stuff today. Apparently I did not have RCA cables. I ordered a 6ft set and two 4ft sets. So I guess the amp rack will wait a bit more.

20220511-224208.jpg
Man.. Just take your time. Rushing generally creates issues. We get busy with life in general, work,and family, and tend to forget things. It happens to all of us, LOL. Im the worst now days. I forget where i set my keys down alot of times. 💩 👀 👀 😬:ROFLMAO:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...