FEATURED Hyundai Cilantro.. I mean Elantra!

The miniDSP mic is here. New laptop will be here soon. BT dongle for the Dayton DSP is here. All I need now is a few warm days off and I can install the CDT's and sound deadening. I will be ordering the CDT ES-03X at some point and moving them and the tweeters to the A-Pillar/Dash location. Yup, gonna commit to the 3-Way full active front stage. I am back to full on dipshit mode. lol. Stupid rabbit hole.

I just ordered my speaker pods, same ones I had in both G6's that got destroyed during removal from the wrecked G6. I also ordered these....

CDT ES-03DVC

So that is ALL the speakers:

CDT Slim 6.5"
CDT 3" DVC
CDT 1" Soft Dome

RF Punch P3D4 10" Subs

Gonna run all the speakers at 2ohms and the subs at 1ohm. Should be fun, loud and clear!!

Ahhh got the lil beast!!! I test fit them in the old pods and they fit just fine. I ordered the exact same pods so this will be fun!

20220308-224135.jpg

20220308-224312.jpg

20220308-224708.jpg

20220308-224728.jpg

20220308-231622.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhh got the lil beast!!! I test fit them in the old pods and they fit just fine. I ordered the exact same pods so this will be fun!

20220308-224135.jpg

20220308-224312.jpg

20220308-224708.jpg

20220308-224728.jpg

20220308-231622.jpg
Thats going to sound pretty dammned good with the right amount of power and some door treatment too/. I really like all of my CDT speakers, and my 6.5 Kappas and hard to beat the CDT Tweeters for a smooth response. You will enjoy them

Thats going to sound pretty dammned good with the right amount of power and some door treatment too/. I really like all of my CDT speakers, and my 6.5 Kappas and hard to beat the CDT Tweeters for a smooth response. You will enjoy them
Yeah I am going to have gobs of power. The 6.5" will be run at 2ohms on a RF Punch 500x2 lol. The 3" and Tweeters on a RF Punch 400x4 at 2ohms... nuts. The subs are at 1ohm. It's giving me goose bumps thinking about it. Dig this... the Dayton DSP with it's EQ, I can move all 10 parametric bands inside of each speakers crossover points on each speaker to make it super responsive to eqing. I am gonna be in the car for a year trying to EQ it. Come on spring time!!

Deff going be busy at it. LOL. Plenty of power it sounds like. I like to put a dedicated amplifier on each set of speakers when I can.Hope to hear how everything comes together for you

The CDT tweeters will not fit even the larger tweeter pod unless I chop some plastic from the pods... the DD tweets fit great though. I may have to mix and match. Other than the logo's the tweeters look almost the same. They are exactly the same size except for their housings.

20220318-191600.jpg

I figured it out. There is a shelf on the top of the door panels where the triangle is for the back of each side mirror. The factory mounts for the CDT tweeters hide nicely there on each door. So I will mount them there. The 3" will mount in the pods suspended off each A-Pillar cover. They will be just above each defrost vent for the side windows so I will retain their functionality as well. This is a rough mount so you can get an idea. The tweeter will sit back further into the corner.

20220320-162521.jpg

I figured it out. There is a shelf on the top of the door panels where the triangle is for the back of each side mirror. The factory mounts for the CDT tweeters hide nicely there on each door. So I will mount them there. The 3" will mount in the pods suspended off each A-Pillar cover. They will be just above each defrost vent for the side windows so I will retain their functionality as well. This is a rough mount so you can get an idea. The tweeter will sit back further into the corner.

20220320-162521.jpg
That Mid isnt going to block your views for turning left or right is it? Might take to a vehicle Inspection locatation to make sure you do not violate the safety factor for ROAD VIEW/ SAFETY OBSTRUCTION. That would be my only concern

That Mid isnt going to block your views for turning left or right is it? Might take to a vehicle Inspection locatation to make sure you do not violate the safety factor for ROAD VIEW/ SAFETY OBSTRUCTION. That would be my only concern
No, I sit upright and view through the center of the windshield or slightly above center. As I took this pic I was also making sure it didn't block my view or create a blind spot. It was all clear.

So I am buying this Elantra through a local car lot that happens to be across the street from where I work. Convenient, can make my payments right there... no big deal. So this car lot owner decides I will be his first go at selling my loan contract to a finance company in another state. No heads up, no nothing. So this finance company calls me at work yesterday and leaves a voicemail saying "This is an attempt to collect a debt". I am like wtf, I have no debts. This is in the rust belt. I knew this. So I specifically went to this lot and did a buy here pay here that had no credit attachments what-so-ever because if the car falls apart due to rust, I am not ruining my credit by not paying for a pile of rust. So now my loan is being reported directly to credit agencies so if the car falls apart, I am fuucked.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...