FEATURED Hyundai Cilantro.. I mean Elantra!

A small Ratchet strap will work just fine man. I recently placed a very Large AGM in the trunk of an 02 town Car with another up front and a 250 amp alt and used a ratchet strap to hold that agm in place. Worked perfect and not expensive

I keep looking at deaf bonce amps...honestly I wouldn't have any issue running one
Ive put several in as well as the Avatar and they both are some work horses. No issues thus far for over a year. I always try to recommend a fan cooled in trunk mount, but its also worth it just to keep the internals cool period. Heat is a Killer for electronics man. We all know that. LOL

Ive put several in as well as the Avatar and they both are some work horses. No issues thus far for over a year. I always try to recommend a fan cooled in trunk mount, but its also worth it just to keep the internals cool period. Heat is a Killer for electronics man. We all know that. LOL
There's a couple guys running deaf bonce amps I see at the shop. They've not said a bad thing about them.

I keep looking at deaf bonce amps...honestly I wouldn't have any issue running one
They got some really decent amps man. I mean ,hell they are well made and seem to do quite well for the price. I know they are prob. not what one would spend theryre money on knowing where they originate from? But :poop: 👀 👀!! They are priced very affordable and get the job done man. Do Great for the $. I feel the same about CT Sounds CT Series. Affordable do very well and get things done for the $. I wished they had a few more selections as 2 ch 3 ch and more power for 4 ch ect, but :poop:👀👀!! Everything is getting more expensive these days ya know. Im not rich by any means. I work like anyone else, and save for what I want or need usually. I think the price of Subs are getting out of hand to be honest

I feel less stressed about the Cap sliding around. I secured two 1" nylon straps with buckles to the floor of the trunk under the cap with self tappers and washers into the steel floor. Moved the cap in place and used both straps. Got her good an secured and she will not be sliding in the trunk.

There, secured!!

20240223-12274911.jpg

Those type of straps loosen up easily with vibration eventually. Thats why I like the Ratchet type as they click into a metal section to secure and have to be pulled out of the secure fall in brace. I would recommend that you at the least take a zip tie and go around the bottom of the straps so that they do not move. You will be back there pulling those again and aging try to keep those tight. I use those on my truck for a fast secure for ladders. It takes nothing much to get those to loosen up with road vibrations a PITA. Cut the access off with a razor blade and take a lighter and heat up the ends to keep from fraying in the future. Recommend this type for secured load.

A side effect of the UltraCAP... where I would normally have my bass knob at the 2 O-clock position I now have it at the 12 O-clock position and the bass still seems slightly louder than 2 O-clock.
Sounds like your amp needed more power. Im hoping it all turns out well. sounds like a very nice improvement for certain. Looks great man. Youve done quite a bit of work on this car, and time spent, and its coming along very nicely!!

Sounds like your amp needed more power. Im hoping it all turns out well. sounds like a very nice improvement for certain. Looks great man. Youve done quite a bit of work on this car, and time spent, and its coming along very nicely!!
I wish I had more usable weather around here. Something decent to work out in. If it isn't gale force winds its rain or cold or all three. North KY blows.

I wish I had more usable weather around here. Something decent to work out in. If it isn't gale force winds its rain or cold or all three. North KY blows.
I saw a cheap temp. storage on You Tube the other day. young guy needed some storage for his tools to keep dry and take out of his vehicle,and a temp set up. Built a shed frame out of 2x4s, and placed a huge tarp over and tuck it under on bottom frame to secure it and cost him about $100 bucks. maybe you could do something like that where your at??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...