HU and the SUB

This thread is over 2 years old!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Btw, R.I.P. Beastlye!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

oops...lol... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif

the effects alcohol has on the ability to notice the little things...hehe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

no wonder i didn't recgonize the s/n's...hmmmmmmmmmmm

hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

Hey, I cannot believe it!

After two years - who would have thought... I wasn't visiting this forum for quite a while, so you can imagine how surprised I was when I got the e-mail notice about this thread!

However... my system has changed a couple of times already, and no, I do not have the above mentioned problem anymore! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Oh yeah, and by the way, I can share my solution of the problem with you guyz: NEVER attach speakers to the H/U - do yourself a favour and buy an amplifer. Any amplifier for that matter (still MUCH MUCH better than HU....).

Well, Bye!

Marco

Slovenia, Europe

What noticeable difference is there if I amp my speakers? My hu says 40wx4 and my sony 5x7s (freebies, will get components with next car) say 60w RMS. I don't want to get a weak 60w amp now only to replace it with a more powerful one later. That's just my situation

And here's another question:

My Pioneer DEH-P545 does not have separate sub pre-outs. Pioneer's site says it has "RCA Preouts (x2 pair) (Front/Rear)." What should I wire my sub to (I will order a Tempest 15 soon)? I don't use my rear speakers, if that helps.

What noticeable difference is there if I amp my speakers? My hu says 40wx4 and my sony 5x7s (freebies, will get components with next car) say 60w RMS.
That number your headunit gives is a Max figure. You're probably getting 10-15w RMS out of it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Using just about any external amp is going to make a noticeable difference......you figure a true 40w x 2 RMS amp is more than double the power of your headunit.

And here's another question:My Pioneer DEH-P545 does not have separate sub pre-outs. Pioneer's site says it has "RCA Preouts (x2 pair) (Front/Rear). What should I wire my sub to (I will order a Tempest 15 soon)? I don't use my rear speakers, if that helps.
Hook it up to the rear preouts.

When you say a "noticeable difference," does that mean the speakers will sound clearer at the same volume level? Will they be able to go louder without distorting? What happens with more power?

So there's two rear preouts going to a mono amp to one sub. How does that work? How do I blend stereo into mono? If I only used one channel of the rear preouts, would I be missing any bass that might be happening only on the other channel?

More power allows for more output. It also allows for cleaner output and lower distortion levels. Basically, it'll get louder and cleaner, at all levels. As the amp in the head unit stuggles to produce the power you are trying to coax out of it, it will begin to distort. You probably don't even notice it anymore, but trust me - it's there.

Don't be fooled by the name "Mono". All that is referring to is the output. It ouputs into one channel. There are still two inputs and two outputs, just all on one channel. RCA's come out in pairs as do outputs on amplifiers (+ and -).

i had the same problem

fade your system to the rear, and ditch the rear speakers connected to the HU

mine is faded 6-10 out of 15 to the rear depending on the song

So you guys are saying I can plug the wires from both of my rear speakers into my "mono" amp?

And when you talk about fading, do you mean you also have your subs going on your rear 2 channels? So you fade depending on how much bass you want? Does rear fade take away power from the front speakers?

So you guys are saying I can plug the wires from both of my rear speakers into my "mono" amp?
Not rear speakers, rear RCA outputs

And when you talk about fading, do you mean you also have your subs going on your rear 2 channels? So you fade depending on how much bass you want? Does rear fade take away power from the front speakers?
Yes, as you fade more to the rear the front speakers will get quieter. Another good option is to put ONE OF THESE in-line with the RCAs for a cheap "remote bass volume adjuster"......and yes, it is actually a volume control and not a bass boost //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif That way you can adjust your level of bass without attenuating the front speakers.

miscel77_small.jpg

OK, and some amplifiers already come with that, don't they? If some "mono" subwoofer-designed amps come with a remote volume control, what is it called? That way I know what to look for when deciding on an amp. Otherwise I will buy that; thanks for the info.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.