hows this for 3-way set-up?

PaLiAcH
10+ year member

SoCal
okay i quickly mocked up an idea for my 3 ways... dont wanna use kickpods cuz of my deadpedal, and being kicked of course.. and i know tweets and midrange need to be together...

oh, and the rollcage door bar is removable.. its only for the track..

door%20clean.JPG

im utilizing the door pocket and glassing the mids and tweets directional, upwards. mids will smaller in diameter, and mid bass will be 6.5"

door%20speaker.JPG

will i be able to do this setup? or will i have problems with sound quality? do mids need an infinite baffle? or can it be closed off?

thanx for all the help!

pino

ummmm... why would you want to install speakes in a car w/ a roll cage? I thought that you'd want to reduce weight..?!?!

other than that, It looks like a pretty good setup. what size is that mid-woofer. like 3.5" s?

ummmm... why would you want to install speakes in a car w/ a roll cage? I thought that you'd want to reduce weight..?!?!
other than that, It looks like a pretty good setup. what size is that mid-woofer. like 3.5" s?

its a drag-car, but also a daily driver street car... i figure i have plenty of power to haul all that weight and still get in the low 11's! (id prob be in 10's without all the weight) and the door bar is removable...

the sizes im thinking are 4" mid range and 6.5" mid bass.

prob add around 30+extra pounds with 3 ways,amp,wiring

yeah my subs are 35 lbs each.. i have 3! and 2 reg sized amps and one big mamma for the subs... so yeah..

ill be adding anywhere from 250-500 lbs... but with more than 550 horses on tap at the wheels, who cares?!?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

kind like a waste. but meh. sall good i suppose.

id tape up those holes (remove that grille) and then lay fiberglass in there, then act like its a 'wheel well' enclosure... take a look at GCadidas's worklog (when\if he gets new pics up) we devised a great way to do door pods.

the place where the mid/tweets are gonna go is already a "pocket" type enclosure... and i will be glassing the top... thats what the high quality blue colored photoshoppin skills are for //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif and for the woofer, it will be in the stock location with an IB and dynamated....

is that wat ur saying?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.