How Should I install This?

IloveTheBass

LA,CA
Well I have 1 12" JL Audio W6 Sub and i have 3 amps and dont know which should i connect.

The specs for the sub can be found here:

JL Audio 12W6 12" Subwoofer Sub VERSION1 Original | eBay

and here are my Amps:

View attachment 26541223

View attachment 26541224

The lanzar specs as Ive been told are these:

50watt x 2 at 4ohm

100watt x 2 at 2ohm

200watt x 1 at 4ohm

I just want to know which wrie guage should i use for this 1 sub and which amp do you think will be best off for using.

Thank you

A 4ga or an 8ga would be fine, your not pushing to much power. Your sub is a dual voice coil, so there should be 2 positive and 2 negative terminals on it, this means you will need at least a 2 channel amp. Your sub is also 6 ohms so make sure to use an amp that will be stable at 6 ohms. The only problem with the lanzar is that it will not put out enough power to make your sub really bump.

I disagree if your gonna wire 1 sub in parallel with dual 6 ohm your gonna be at 3 ohm roughly will box rise it will go up a little I would use the lanzar bridged to 3 ohm+ and try it monitor temperature and see what happens if it blows a fuse don't try again and you will need a different amp to rum that ohm level. as far as wire gauge it depends on brand sometimes because of the cable quality but you should be fine with a 4 or 8 I would go with a 4 just in case you upgrade slightly in the future. hope that helps

And as I said in your other thread on this topic, this amp WILL do 2 ohms mono all day as long as it,

A) Is in an open area

B) You have a fan on it

3 ohms mono on this amp will be a walk in the park for the amp. You'll be just over 200 wrms to the sub. I'd be willing to bet you'd be surprised and just how much that amp will push the sub.

Well I have 1 12" JL Audio W6 Sub and i have 3 amps and dont know which should i connect.
The specs for the sub can be found here:

JL Audio 12W6 12" Subwoofer Sub VERSION1 Original | eBay

and here are my Amps:

View attachment 26541223

View attachment 26541224

The lanzar specs as Ive been told are these:

50watt x 2 at 4ohm

100watt x 2 at 2ohm

200watt x 1 at 4ohm

I just want to know which wrie guage should i use for this 1 sub and which amp do you think will be best off for using.

Thank you
Seems to me at the very minimum you'd be underpowering the sub by 100 wrms, assuming the amp will consistently put out 200 wrms at a 3 ohm bridged load without frying itself, and if you wire it to 6 ohm, the amp would barely be putting out much power, I'd look into buying another, better suited amp. But doesn't hurt to try, maybe you'll get the sound / power you're looking for!

One MIGHT hear the difference in the 100 watts from 200 to 300. Save yourself time and money, just run the Opti100. It's an old amp and if one has never heard one before.. ... They sound a lot more powerful then they really are.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.