how many boxes have you built???

well, im about to build my 4th this week! heh my first build was 8cu ft for 2 15's, second was 2.5cu ft for two 8's. i have a 4cu ft @ 38hz in my garage i built for a friend and he never got the subs for it. And now im doing another 8cu ft box for mah new vehicle. I havent built very many, but i think i biuld a perdy mean sub box! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Ive been into car audio for about 5-6 yrs now and prolli 25-30 for myself and 20-25 for others....Cant compare to sum of the other members but still a decent amount.

How hard is it to get the level of producing boxes and selling them nation wide.

Love building boxes but im low on $, i got tools for now. But just need someone to fund for wood. hehe

Just thinking it would be nice to get to that point one day.

about 20 ported boxes. its fun making them and having them turn out amazing. my last one is my best yet ported for single 10" 1.5 internal to 33 hz, 37.5 square inches of port area

How hard is it to get the level of producing boxes and selling them nation wide.Love building boxes but im low on $, i got tools for now. But just need someone to fund for wood. hehe

Just thinking it would be nice to get to that point one day.
Just a regular box isn't worth it. BJ's boxes are very intricate, while others make boxes that are very loud. What are you going to do that is different?

Just a regular box isn't worth it. BJ's boxes are very intricate, while others make boxes that are very loud. What are you going to do that is different?
What is intricate about them? the design or quality or what?

just trying to find out what it takes.

I wouldnt mind experimenting with kerfing... Have fiberglass experience, Still never carpeted a box but i have painted them before. Also have experience with plexiglass.

Im not sure if my boxes would be anything special, just something taylored to the buyers request ex: size, tunning, quality.

Im open to try anything. The only thing holding me back is money.

And quick question on the side... How do people ship huge boxes that weight up to 80+ lbs over the country?? gotta be expensive eh

BJ,
is that a pin I see right at the Texas/Louisiana boarder, kinda in the northern part of louisiana...

that pin is awfully close to me.

as for me...probably in the 70-80 range between my truck(s) and the shop
Yep there is a pin there. Dont recall the city tho....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.