How long will it last?

All mocked-up checking fit, only a tiny bit of trimming before slapping it together.

The process is becoming far more involved than a standard ported... ****... I had to figure out the best way to pre-assemble the thing so it goes together easily.

bGng8vq.jpg

JS3ZzCT.jpg

SUJC5Qs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's an interesting enclosure.
it's 13ft3 externally

Btw I have painted mdf before. It takes some primer 1st, maybe 2-4 coats since mdf soaks up like a sponge then paint.
Better buy a buncha paint huh? I plan to do 4 at once eventually the 3.8ft3, 5.75ft3, 9ft3 and this one... I'll never be able to sell those extras otherwise

At least I'll have plenty of practice

it's 13ft3 externally

Better buy a buncha paint huh? I plan to do 4 at once eventually the 3.8ft3, 5.75ft3, 9ft3 and this one... I'll never be able to sell those extras otherwise

You have just under 35sqft of surface area, a quart of primer and a quart of top coat is all you need. If you use a dark topcoat get the primer tinted with some black pigment, it will help the topcoat cover better. It's important to use a shellac based primer because those will seal a porous surface the best. 

Done... serious pita building this thing

PGZnUDU.jpg

PGZnUDU.jpg

qwtrUP1.jpg

146 lb with driver... I'm reserving a hospital room now for when I throw out my back...  :wow:

I made the top removable so I can access the sub, possibly add windows on top, and add interior paint later... maybe some lighting inside too?

But for now I'm focused on hearing the thing. I'll finish out and paint it later

it's 13ft3 externally

Next time I paint a box I am avoiding cans.  Was a good learning moment though, but I am not a master at rattle cans.  I used both on my last box (can and brush) but I think I need to be more selective on the type of primer/sealer and paint I use...

Last edited by a moderator:
Done... serious pita building this thing

146 lb with driver... I'm reserving a hospital room now for when I throw out my back...  :wow:

I made the top removable so I can access the sub, possibly add windows on top, and add interior paint later... maybe some lighting inside too?

But for now I'm focused on hearing the thing. I'll finish out and paint it later
What kind of gasket material was that you used for in between the top sheet?

What kind of gasket material was that you used for in between the top sheet?
Cheap 3/8" x 3/16" foam weatherstripping, with some silicone underneath to adhere to, worked pretty good imo,... I had to really bar clamp it down (3 at once) to close the gap as much as possible, once the edges were ****** down along an edge, I ran the screws in and repeated till it was tight all the way around... then went around the whole thing again and got it even tighter. 

#8 2 1/4" coarse to pull the center down where the double baffle is and #6 1 5/8" coarse everywhere else. It was a long process.

It's in and sounds great.

Out with this monster

Ph65r7p.jpg

and back in with another... lol

dAY4qhG.jpg

still adjusting the filters but I've missed that under 30hz stuff apparently... I just had the dash jumping a bit... 😁

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.