How long will it last?

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite
Nov 19, 2017
Az
Got this collecting dust, I dug it out and cleaned it up...

It's a little out of warranty so I thought I'd try throwing this on it at 1 ohm...

Got all the tools and enough spare wood just sitting around... hey why not?

Not really trying for that under 40hz information... it's a Kicker... ought to rock

I'm tired of just doing designs... time to build one again.

This'll be fun.

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
I had a couple of those in tens. Pretty decent older subs. I ran an Autotek BTS 7300 on a pair of dvc2, and sounded pretty nice.3.0 at about 38 htz in an older Chevy Surburban/Youkan

• Thanks
Reactions: shredder2

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite
Nov 19, 2017
Az
Turned out passable...

Still got to finish up the thing and wire it but tomorrow's gonna be doomsday for that poor S10L7... If it survives my idiocy, I'll wire it to 4 ohm so it can last a bit and maybe try to sell or trade it.

Birch remnants, Mdf and writing all over it... a typical creation from me.

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite
Nov 19, 2017
Az
If you blow it you should drop in one of those cheapy Pyle square 10s and give it hell. Taylorfade did mid 150s with 9 of the pyle square subs a while back
I'll either sell just the enclosure if it cooks, or add it to the collection...

Heck... I'm using em for workstands now or to store junk...

The boneyard...

Jeez... I got rid of about 5 during last year.

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
Jul 24, 2005
WA
I sold a few cheap but it was difficult. Spruced them up a bit and made sure they looked good. I think selling used sub enclosures is one of the hardest things to sell in car audio.

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
I sold a few cheap but it was difficult. Spruced them up a bit and made sure they looked good. I think selling used sub enclosures is one of the hardest things to sell in car audio.
I know thats right. I have a few sitting myself.Ill prob end up making a couple shelves or have a decent camp fire one evening😀

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite
Nov 19, 2017
Az
Talk about overkill... SoundMechanix heavy terminals with 8ga SkyHigh to the Sub and 12ga SkyHigh to the second coil.

Wired it up and this is what I got when I checked... uh oh... supposed to be at or around 1 ohm.

Checked the "Harbor Freight Special" for accuracy... 

Woah... imagine that!.. a $5 multimeter that's inaccurate... lol

Out with the Sa-15d4v3 and for comparison... look at the size difference...

In the Honda and wired-up to 3K..

1st thing I did was raise the SSF to over 30hz and got my LP set so various rock sounded good. Then for the sheer hell of it I put this track on and turned it up pretty much till I was sure the neighbors were staring at the ceiling... 

It seems like if the coil hangs... it will meter well for what it is. Maybe Sunday I'll make the odyssey to the Westside meet (30 miles each way) and see.

Surprised the hell outta me... IMHO it's over 140db for sure partially turned up (1/3--1/2?)... we'll see  

DirtyDuzit

Mar 6, 2014
AZ
Nice clean simple box shredder. As soon as I saw the post I thought to myself it was going to be a standard slotted port with a 45 on every single corner.

The blow through your helped me design is doing great it's getting only about 500-600 watts right now doing [email protected]

dbjunior

CarAudio.com Elite
Jun 26, 2009
ma
Should handle a 1ohm 5 sec burp no problem. I had 2 kicker comp10's i think rated at 250rms each. On an atomic 5k wired at 2ohm lowest i could go they where single 4ohm. I could get a long 30sec burp before they got stinky. Would do a 144+ in a 4dr blazer. After i rebuilt my good 10's i threw them in same box wired to .5ohm and i could do a 148.