How long will it last?

I took a chance and picked up a new FU 750-18v2d2 to load the Synergy 3K better... "how long will it last?"... about 25 seconds once I got my new alternator in there. No warning or smells... it just died. I pulled over and tried moving the sub and it's pretty clear it's a slinky... lol. Once I moved the cone slightly it'll still play but it's fugly as hell sounding so It's coming out asap.

Oh well... I took a chance and it was only $200 or so. 

I've got that RE for backup (dual 4) so I'll throw it in there interim once I relax... I just finished the alternator and it was a "B"... one mounting bolt went in ok but it had a slightly larger case and the other flange could only be wedged into the bracket as far as I could... no way the bolt would line up. I made it work (don't ask). Because of the mounting issue I could utilize the same belt even with the smaller pulley.

It's in, solid and doin' great so even tho I had issues I'm happy. It really helps the amp, output has increased noticeably and with the roof (X3 80 mil layered)), gate (X2 layers 50 mil) and rear doors so far deadened it is a different animal for sure.

IDK how much power that FU can actually handle... before the alt it was really getting down (for what it is), but only for 3-5 sec bursts. I'm kinda pissed they forgot the unicorn tears when assembling it... but the glue held-up... lol

Back to the ol' drawing board.

Sub never knew what hit it... user error for sure... lol

Now I'm seriously shopping tonight.
Get some recone parts from lord of bass and rebuild the FU. Dont forget the unicorn splooge this time.

Get some recone parts from lord of bass and rebuild the FU
Nah... I've got diminished motor skills since the stroke. Especially things involving delicate finger movements.  

I'm shopping tonight... 3" coiled dual 2 18... that'll do well on 3k in 9ft3

I've got a few I'm considering

Means not avail to buy lol
Out of materials... Neo magnet material specifically.

Will be back up later this week or soon anyways.

They just did not want to take orders without the materials cause it would add to the build time.. good thinking if you ask me, I'm sure some people would not understand

That SP3-18 is looking more and more affordable to me, plus it'll have room for me to add power eventually for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of materials... Neo magnet material specifically.

Will be back up later this week or soon anyways.

They just did not want to take orders without the materials cause it would add to the build time.. good thinking if you ask me, I'm sure some people would not understand

That SP3-18 is looking more and more affordable to me, plus it'll have room for me to add power eventually for sure.
Agreed. You have a design for them already?

The one I want isn't just wait/building time restricted... it's currently "out of stock" whatever that means.

Now if I could just order one... it models-up awesome with my enclosure/power Imo.

FI SSD Neo-18d2
I almost pulled the trigger when they had their black fiday sale on a ssd neo 15, excited to see how it works out for you.

Wow 25 seconds no warning. That's going to end up turning into a blessing
Yeah... that's what I'm thinking.

I was seeing how much output I could pull out of it with a 44hz-50hz song and it had me grinnin'

Then... oops

Once I saw the amp was ok, and the sub failed... I think my grin got bigger... 😁

Hopefully FI will notify me once the materials are in... I asked

Can't wait

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.