How long will it last?

This thread started out about how long a Kicker S10L7 would last on 3K, It should have been how long a certain setup will last in my vehicle!

I've went ahead and built the 9ft3 net 36hz box for the RE Sx-18... now I will see if I can wait and meter the Sa-15 before I pull it... doing so means I will have to wait till Monday to install this thing and patience is running thin atm... jeez... I want to hear this thing...

QtHgK8w.jpg

Jnjy3M5.jpg

OCaA1cR.jpg

2W1x41p.jpg

AOYtw8U.jpg

o7tWfdD.jpg

U4h4Neg.jpg

I decided on a passenger side rear corner firing port as I'm looking less to meter this than just enjoy it. Ought to get loud anyways so I'm hoping it turns out like I believe it will. I've got a bit of router work left before throwing it in there but paint will wait till after I hear it for sure.

I hope I can find patience but the probability is not high...  :popcorn:

Got the 15 out...

qjQCuGV.jpg

Size difference...

zblNFfS.jpg

Now I gotta wait for help from the neighbor kid... fukin' Stroke left me with the strength of a 12 year-old

G0EAD9a.jpg

I just couldn't wait... no surprise there... lol

380x2Qp.jpg

dlcZ90A.jpg

Takes up ALL the space and fits nicely (ZERO cargo area left), only a few basic filter adjustments were needed... it sounds damn good. I can only crack open the volume around here so to the park I go again to see what it'll do. Had to find a way to lift it into there myself... man it was ugly

I'll be snowed and froze in Sunday (if the forecasters predictions come true) 

Tuned in for results  :suave:
It's a gain for sure except around 50hz seemingly but I'm still getting used to it and adjusting, and the crossover is SQish adjusted right now (by ear with music... probably lowish) so no telling where it really is if I meter it... I'm grinnin' for sure.

I'll get it all setup to meter by Sunday

Overall it's a nice sized gain IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a gain for sure except around 50hz seemingly but I'm still getting used to it and adjusting, and the crossover is SQish adjusted right now (by ear with music... probably lowish) so no telling where it really is if I meter it... I'm grinnin' for sure.

I'll get it all setup to meter by Sunday

Overall it's a nice sized gain IMO
How clunky and awkward is that swing out rear door? I never understood why manufacturers chose that opposed to a 1 piece hatch. 

How clunky and awkward is that swing out rear door? I never understood why manufacturers chose that opposed to a 1 piece hatch. 
Pita for sure... but I've become used to it as I don't need access to the cargo area much... well not much, it seems I'm changing enclosures/subs like socks lately

Are you having it metered at a show? 
I'm hoping someone has a meter at the Sunday meet... if not there's IFO coming up in Chandler 20 min away.

I'll pay and enter just to see if it comes to that... but I'll get spanked I'm sure

IDK what class I'd even be in... so call me a noob 

I'm hoping someone has a meter at the Sunday meet... if not there's IFO coming up in Chandler 20 min away.

I'll pay and enter just to see if it comes to that... but I'll get spanked I'm sure

IDK what class I'd even be in... so call me a noob 
You should be able to get into street 2 in MECA. With the cone area you have, you'll be able to clamp up to 1746 watts. 

Not sure about other orgs. 

You should be able to get into street 2 in MECA. With the cone area you have, you'll be able to clamp up to 1746 watts. 

Not sure about other orgs.
Looks like it's Usaci... and after reading the classes I "THINK?"... idk really... that I'd be in novice 0-3000.

I don't even know what's competitive in that class, I'd be in novice I would think as the last show I did was an IASCA show in Tucson in 1998 or 1999... I really can't remember... lol

Looks like it's Usaci... and after reading the classes I "THINK?"... idk really... that I'd be in novice 0-3000.

I don't even know what's competitive in that class, I'd be in novice I would think as the last show I did was an IASCA show in Tucson in 1998 or 1999... I really can't remember... lol
Looks like usaci does sealed on the dash (often referred to as "legal") or outlaw which is in the kick panel (pointless imo.)

From what I have experienced (limited experience) sealed on the dash is usually slightly more than a headrest score unless the vehicle has a luxurious interior (softer materials with good factory sound deadening.) 

147.3 at 45hz

145.9 without sweeping on music... I guess I was thrown off by the Honda wipers bouncing... plus it DOES seem to be louder than my old setup... but subjective perceptions always lead to predictions that get shattered by the meter. I'm still pleased with the output and sound so it was metered for curiosity anyways I suppose. Jeez... I demoed a few that were definitely over 150db easy. 50 minute drive each way... well worth the time spent IMO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.