How do I wire my new subs

Participant count
  • Participant list
What i'm getting at is that wiring to 2 ohms and rising to just say 4 ohms you will still be getting "500 watts rms". Wired to 4 ohms and rising to 6 ohms you will not be seeing "500 watts rms".

I personally would wire as low as possible to combat box rise. Just my personal opinion when he doesn't have any headroom with that small amp.

Ok so if I'm understanding you guys correctly then the difference in ohms
on the subs doesn't make an audible difference with these particular amps since the wiring requirements on both sets of subs take it to 2 ohms?

Holy crap... this thread sure turned into a debate.
E-12's?.. I'm not "telling" anyone what to do, but personally I'd wire to 2 ohm ea with d4's. Build a decent ported enclosure and call it good.
Jmho

For the budget and power I would consider the Dayton Ref 12’s. Available in single 4ohm or dual 4ohm if you prefer. SQ subs that will give you plenty of output with 500 each.

They model very well in smaller enclosures and have a great reputation. The ‘e’ series Sundown seems a bit more of an entry-level sub.

Just my 2cents.

For the budget and power I would consider the Dayton Ref 12’s. Available in single 4ohm or dual 4ohm if you prefer. SQ subs that will give you plenty of output with 500 each.

They model very well in smaller enclosures and have a great reputation. The ‘e’ series Sundown seems a bit more of an entry-level sub.

Just my 2cents.
You think those subs perform better than sundown? I went for those because I've been out of the scene for a while and upon my return all I hear I Sundown this or Skar audio that. Hertz etc. I see that you as well as the Sundown website calls these entry level subs. Are the ones you suggested a step up above entry level ( not that I have a problem with entry level I just would like to get the most bang for my bucks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

IndySlim

CoolAssDude
IndySlim
Omaha NE
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from