House Sub

Originally posted by Bumpin03 I was wondering how exactly do you take a car amp and sub and wire it to a house stereo. My friend totaled his car and his subs are just sittin there..so we plan on hookin them up in his room.
Tell him to hook a sub out to the wall outlet, and get it all on video too!!!

Originally posted by snova031 Tell him to hook a sub out to the wall outlet, and get it all on video too!!!

although that would be fun to watch....thats not exactly what were lookin for.

I think you can get a set of RCA's that hook up to the receiver, but i think you also need a 12v regulator of some sort. Thats all I know.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Originally posted by Bumpin03 although that would be fun to watch....thats not exactly what were lookin for.
If you have two receivers you can do this: Get a patch cable of something, and hook that to the sub pre-out. Then, i think you can hook the end of that to the subwoofer pre-out on the second amp. Then you can just use the regular speaker pre-outs, cuz they will only be sending a sub out signal. The second receiver will act as an amp. Watch how much power you put through it though cuz i have already blown up one reciever this way.

I ment to say receiver not amp in the third line.

You will need a DC power supply that has enough power to run the amp. Radio Shack has one that does 25 amps I think. Bigger ones can be had from TripLite (sp?).

Search the forum for "power supply" and I'm sure you'll find links.

Get a Power supply from radio shack for the power&ground, hook the remote up to the power terminal. If the reciever has RCA outs use them. if not, use a line out converter to change the speaker line to RCA level.

I've hooked a sub up to a wall outlet. The sub had real crazy excursion, and made a few low frequency pops then the voice coil started smoking. It only took about 4 seconds to completely melt the voice coil.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.