Honestly will this hit or am i a joke?

Yes they will hit, and yes if you want more SPL then port the box. If you want mainly SPL though, you should have opted for some different subs. The Perfects are predominantly SQ subs, although are capable of some decent SPL numbers.

get a jbl 1200.1 or memphis 1000d and a set of adire shivas i think you would love this as far as spl it depends there is more to it than "power" and "big woofers" but it would set u in right direction

since he is asking and im a few days away from wiring my system in will mine hit

2 10" alpine swr 1041d

dvc with the JBL 1200.1 (wiring for 4 ohms this amp maxes at 600 at 4 ohms getting 4 gauge Monster cable kit facing back window of a MK4 GTI hatchback? will people hear it (and yes bigger amp and 4 gauge cables cause i plan on upgrading subs in the future and this way all i will need is subs and a new box)

Nothing against asking, but why do people ask what we think their system will hit, it's hard to even give an estimate, too many variables. With a decent setup with 2 subs, 10's or 12's, you should be at least in the mid 130's. But then again, there are many variables and it's too hard to call, but that is basically what I use as an average.

Originally posted by Phatillusion Nothing against asking, but why do people ask what we think their system will hit, it's hard to even give an estimate, too many variables. With a decent setup with 2 subs, 10's or 12's, you should be at least in the mid 130's. But then again, there are many variables and it's too hard to call, but that is basically what I use as an average.
HOW TRUE IS THIS!!!!! FINALLY SOMEONE THAT AGREES WITH ME ABOUT REPETITIVE QUESTIONS!!!!! my replies are questions themselves to strike up learning or at least show how stupid it is to ask either measure it or learn it and estimate yourself. now advice that is different.......what if you put this same system in the back of a greyhound bus? will it be "as loud?"

I dont understand most of the people in here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Personally i dont give a **** bout how it sounds OUTSIDE the car as long as it sounds ace inside. Figure of speech: If my systems uses 1 decibel to sound as it currently does then its fine by me, if it puts out 20320304980234 decibel to get the sound that i have that would also be ok... who carez?! You'r the only one actually listening (and enjoying?).

If it was up to me i would isolate the whole bloody car so there would be only sound inside the car and not outside, i hate driving around enjoying, stopping at the ligths and having people look at me like i'm an idiot, most people do not share our common interests.

But hey, i'm dutch so i'm mad anyway =)

peace

I do agree that they can't enjoy the music outside,

but I really do like pulling up to stoplights and pumping my music just to get them to look at me weird,

hahahaha //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif)

We all have our needz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

PS: In Holland you got the heat on you all the time, getting caught with more then (believe its) 65db gets you a nice fine which would be around 240 US dollars, it suxx0rs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

around here the fine is 90 us dollars for noise volation but i wasnt really asking about the dec i just wanted to get opinions i know alpines are more SQ than SPL (from what i read on forums) just i cant find much about them since not that many seam to have them which i find good and bad good cause nobody around here i know has them and bad cause i didnt get the chance to get a good listen to them to late now i do have them just need to pick up the wiring kit and an amp i just wanted opinions of the subs from people that know more about this than me since i have recently gotten into it

Originally posted by audiolife HOW TRUE IS THIS!!!!! FINALLY SOMEONE THAT AGREES WITH ME ABOUT REPETITIVE QUESTIONS!!!!! my replies are questions themselves to strike up learning or at least show how stupid it is to ask either measure it or learn it and estimate yourself. now advice that is different.......what if you put this same system in the back of a greyhound bus? will it be "as loud?"
Thats what I have been saying all along....

That is also why I primarily ignore those types of threads.

Once there are no variables left to effect overall install, then I will comment.

Of course, this is virtually impossible as no 1 company makes everything the same.

take it easy,

-zane

lol i challenge the mighty zane to a game of tiddly winks i will kick his a$$ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Of course, this is virtually impossible as no 1 company makes everything the same.
Exactly my point, If companies could guarantee that you will hit "x" db's. Then don't you think they would use that as a selling technique. But they can't, you might see "team so and so" hit 170 db's, and you tell yourself hey man that sub hit 170 I'm gonna get it. Eh eh, 99% of the people don't even have the money nor the knowledge to do what they did, and that is why they don't sell their sub by db ratings. Believe me I've seen a lot of installs, and I've seen differences of close to 20 db between the same set of subs in different installs.

Originally posted by audiolife lol i challenge the mighty zane to a game of tiddly winks i will kick his a$$ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
good heavens......

at least you didnt say twister....

blah blah blah

take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.