hifonics maxximus vs incriminator audio 40.1

because i have heard that the 40.1 is extremelly underrated in fact some competitors told me that the 20.1 and 40.1 where the reason the fuse rule came into place
The fuse rule for what?

If you're talking about MECA competitions, then you are partly right. There were some other amps that helped push the fuse rule.

When the 20.1 originally came out it was a "cheater" amp that was extremely underrated at the time.

After the fuse rule came into place, the ratings jumped up about 1100 watts, IIRC.

While still underrated, they are not underrated as much as they used to be.

Also, the 40.1 didn't come out until 2006 I believe, after the fuse rule was put into place.

apples and oranges bro.

A single 40.1 vs single Goliath would be a little better comparison and would both be good choices depnding on your application, impedence rise etc etc either could edge the other one out

But a maxximus vs a 40.1 no contest

lol hey justin...i was thinking of pm you on this matter since you i know has experiance with the maxximus.how is it going with the sale?let me know if you want to let about 4 of those batteries go

who here has actually seen test results from both of these amps to even make the comparison?

i have heard from some people that the 40.1 is equivelant to almost 3 20.1's. thats some serious power. no i dont know that for a fact, because no one has posted any results.

and i have never looked into the maxximus because i dont have a need for 10kw lol. im just saying is this coming from people from experience, or people who are just riding certain companies?

i still dont think the 40.1 is even close to the maxximus in power, i would take the maxximus over the 40.1 here, but im just saying is this just some more internet heresay? because i havent seen any power results posted on the net for the 40.1 (and ive been searching for the last couple days trying to find some, and all ive found was "claims")

who here has actually seen test results from both of these amps to even make the comparison?
i have heard from some people that the 40.1 is equivelant to almost 3 20.1's. thats some serious power. no i dont know that for a fact, because no one has posted any results.

and i have never looked into the maxximus because i dont have a need for 10kw lol. im just saying is this coming from people from experience, or people who are just riding certain companies?

i still dont think the 40.1 is even close to the maxximus in power, i would take the maxximus over the 40.1 here, but im just saying is this just some more internet heresay? because i havent seen any power results posted on the net for the 40.1 (and ive been searching for the last couple days trying to find some, and all ive found was "claims")
I saw an article where they benched a maxximus at 12,xxx watts. dayum!

Justin probably has the most say on this since he's owned 20.1's, worked with 40.1's and currently has maxximus'.

I've seen and played with 20.1's and goliaths, and a maxximus is 2 goliaths in one case, so I'd say I have a bit of experience with some of the amps as well.

I stated earlier that 2 40.1's run down low on a big (maybe 18 volt) system would likely keep up with a maxximus, but of course I have no physical proof of this.

I saw an article where they benched a maxximus at 12,xxx watts. dayum!
thats a lot of power! im not saying the 40.1 is going to keep up with the maxximus. i mean a company isnt going to underrated the 40.1 at 3600w and have it put out 10kw.

im just saying i havent seen any results to support/deny that the 40.1 puts out gobs of power as well. just claims.

its like the noob's reccomending subwoofers that they have no experience with.

it seems that the OP wants to know if 2 40.1 @ .25 for ~$1400 is comparable to a $4k Maxximus.
well i mean at .25 efficiency is out the **** window lol. not sure what the maxximus does its rated power at, but if its at 1 ohm like im gussing, thats enough for me to take the power @ 1 ohm versus trying to squeeze power out at .25

if the 40.1 is so underrated then why did USACi test these amps and they are close enough to their rated power (on 14.4 volts) that they didn't have to rerate them??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif (Same as the 20.1)

if the 40.1 is so underrated then why did USACi test these amps and they are close enough to their rated power (on 14.4 volts) that they didn't have to rerate them??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif (Same as the 20.1)
Just like how an american bass 400.1 is rated for 1000 watts? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The 40.1 is underrated a bit, I wouldn't say it's underrated by 2000 watts, but I'm sure its capable of a tad more than rated. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.