Help with my setup. Subs??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pavement8

Kansas
Hey

I've been thinking of insalling subs in my 94 Explorer for a while now. I listen to a variety of music and want a nice "full" sound. I basically just want to be able to crank it up and have some nice bass without any distortion or loss of high end clarity.

Best Buy's Rockford Fosgate Punch Z Sub/amp/box deal looked good to me. A freind said I could get much better for the money and recomended this forum for advice.

I currently have some older polk speakers installed that I'm happy with but just want a bit of the umph of subs. Submph!

I'd really appreciate some help on what to look for based on what I want. I'm looking to spend under $300, is it possible to have a loud and complete home stereo sound in my car for that much?

Thanks!

Jamal

Hey
I've been thinking of insalling subs in my 94 Explorer for a while now. I listen to a variety of music and want a nice "full" sound. I basically just want to be able to crank it up and have some nice bass without any distortion or loss of high end clarity.

Best Buy's Rockford Fosgate Punch Z Sub/amp/box deal looked good to me. A freind said I could get much better for the money and recomended this forum for advice.

I currently have some older polk speakers installed that I'm happy with but just want a bit of the umph of subs. Submph!

I'd really appreciate some help on what to look for based on what I want. I'm looking to spend under $300, is it possible to have a loud and complete home stereo sound in my car for that much?

Thanks!

Jamal
Welcome to the forum

It is very possible you can check out a multitude of different maunfacturers... kicker, elemental designs, etc etc check out the for sale section on this forum

most likely people are going to recomend edesignaudio.com and their edk 12 inch version. It is 120 and should add some good punch and handle a fair amount of power, then jsut look around for a 400-500 watt amp(too lazy too look for ya now) and that should be 150-200, and you can build a box for fairly cheap(under 40) 300 is a little conservative but it can certainly be done.

Hey

Thanks!

Jamal
Try looking at the eD K series... edesignaudio.com. Also look into some of the amps on there. There really a good bang for your buck.

http://www.adireaudio.com Shiva $125 shipped

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com IDQ $170

And the aforementioned eD K series ...

2 x Adire Audio Shiva - $250 shipped

1 x Profile CL 1200 - $214 + shipping or

1 x Profile CA 1200 - $199 + shipping or

1 x US Acoustics 600d - $237 + shipping or

1 x JBL 600.1 - $175 + shipping

1 x sheet 3/4" MDF - $20

1 x package #8 1 1/2" coarse threaded drywall screws - $4

1 x #8 countersink drill bit - $3

1 x tube silicone caulking - $3

1 x tube of carpenters glue or Liquid Nails - $5

2.5 or 3 cubes for the pair of subs with a divider down the middle.

Oh great ... just seen your budget ... guess you'd look for an amp that does ~ 200-400 RMS x 1 @ 4ohm ... USX2080 is cheap I think. There's a bunch of bridgeable 2 channel Profiles that would work too ...

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.