Help with box construction for 2 HDC318-A

Participant count
  • Participant list

Matt Severt
10+ year member

Is a box that is 13.6 cubic feet big enough for two of these subs? That is with estimated displacement of the subwoofers. This is going in a ford contour trunk. Until I can wall them off. If it is two big I will also get rid of some cubes.

If anybody could draw up some blueprints for my install that would be awesome. The port is an aeroport outside of the box going through the rear deck. Don't know how big of port or ports I need if someone could help that would also be nice.

What direction will the subs be firing? I'm no expert on Contour trunks, but a pair of 18's in a trunk seems like it would be a very tight fit, and unless you're firing them directly into the cabin, you're probably gonna have a nice lil bass-trap back there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.