Help wiring new Sundowns and AQ1200.1

CPower76

Oct 30, 2012
United States
i just got 2 sundown SA-10 D4's and an AQ1200.1 that im running of an old jvc hd radio head unit, and right now they arent impressing me at all. i had just some jl w1's and a 500 slash v2 before and they hit way harder so i know something is wrong. i thought to get to 1ohm it was all positives together and all negatives together also what should the amp settings be? any help would be great i worked my self up all month and they are just a disappointment right now.

Thanks,

rebelfromva

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
VA
Wired @1? Gain set properly? Box specs?

CPower76

Oct 30, 2012
United States
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
that picture is what i used to wire them but do they have to bridge at the amp or can i use the two output channels?

my low pass is set at 80 and the gain at 2.5v thats what jvc said was the output voltage for that head unit. the box is two sides 1.35^3 each tuned to 35hz. could the headunit be the problem? it worked fine on my last subs

ancorp

Senior VIP Member
May 20, 2011
Toronto
Head units rarely output their spec'd preout voltage. Most likely your gain should be set higher to get some juice running to those Sundowns.

DoesDad

CarAudio.com Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Tulsa, OK
that picture is what i used to wire them but do they have to bridge at the amp or can i use the two output channels?my low pass is set at 80 and the gain at 2.5v thats what jvc said was the output voltage for that head unit. the box is two sides 1.35^3 each tuned to 35hz. could the headunit be the problem? it worked fine on my last subs
Bridged at the amp? You've got them wired wrong I have a feeling... The amp has dual inputs correct? Like + - + -

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Most posts - Past 30 days