aftermarket dvd unit in GMC Acadia

Participant count
  • Participant list

67 Fastback

I want to put a flipdown unit in my wife's Acadia using the dome light that has buttons for on/off. There are three wires one constant, ground, and a door ajar trip. I know I can tap into the constant for power but have read people having trouble with this killing the battery. I really want to be lazy and not rip apart her vehicle to accomplish this. Can I hook it up to this constant and put a snazzy toggle switch on the dvd unit (something that blends) to turn power to the dvd unit off when not in use to bypass this battery issue????

Bill

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

No way to tell if the wiring is bastardized without looking for yourself. Wiring adapters are cheap enough at installer.com. That said there is...
High pitch whine is usually a grounding or interference issue or from using inexpensive signals cables run parallel to power/ground lines. Or, as...
So you have your main power wire which feed the current it needs. Your original HU would have had it, and you probably connected your new HU to...
Nice, well I think they will blow away anything you have running on your puter for sure. I've had good luck with the NVX components, hard to beat...

About this thread

67 Fastback

67 Fastback
Southeast, KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
67 Fastback