Amplifier turns off when volume is turned up

fgump16
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Recruit
USA
I have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler. I have installed Polk db6501 components, db651 coaxials, a JVC Arsenal KDA735BT and a Kenwood X450-4 to power the speakers. I have everything wired correctly, I've checked my fuses and ground, I have heavy enough wire too. The thing is, my system turns on, plays music on FM radio until I turn the volume to 18 which isn't loud at all, before my amp kicks off. The volume can go to about 16 on a CD before the amp kicks off. When I turn on the ignition, the red light comes on the top of the amp, but when I turn the volume to those levels, it turns off completely. My ground is on a seat bolt connected to the body also.

I REALLY need help ASAP as I'm in from college on Christmas break and have limited time. My cousin will be at my house to help at midnight so I'd like some answers by then please.

I haven't tried the gain yet but that may be it. I don't think its my speakers or speaker wires either. There may be a slight possibility it's my ground, remote lead, gain settings or such. Please give me your expert opinions!

Thanks.

Could it be a bad remote connection? Should I try hooking my remote to a cigarette outlet?
It's probably not that. Where is it wired to now? If you want to test, just jump a little peice of wire from your amp positive to the remote. Don't leave it here though because your amp will stay on all the time.

It's probably not that. Where is it wired to now? If you want to test, just jump a little peice of wire from your amp positive to the remote. Don't leave it here though because your amp will stay on all the time.
It's wired to the blue/white remote wire on the harness.

Just find a good place in the body or frame that you can reach to and scape all the paint off untill its bare metal (can find a good spot under the carpet somewhere by the amp) and just screw/bolt your ring terminal on your ground wire down...... and also how do you have speakers hooked to your amp. Could maybe be to low of an ohm load for the amp?

People on the jk-forum said this ground works. I may try sanding it More though. And I have 4 ohm speakers and a 4 ohm amp. Check the specs on it

People on the jk-forum said this ground works. I may try sanding it More though. And I have 4 ohm speakers and a 4 ohm amp. Check the specs on it
Its got to be the gain then. Iv had it happen a few times with 4 Chan. Amps. They cut off all the time untill I would turn the gain down a little and it would be fine after.

And yea with most setups a seatbelt or something will work alright but mite as well do your ground as good as you can... it can really make a big difference in your voltage drop

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.