Help wiring new Sundowns and AQ1200.1

CPower76

i just got 2 sundown SA-10 D4's and an AQ1200.1 that im running of an old jvc hd radio head unit, and right now they arent impressing me at all. i had just some jl w1's and a 500 slash v2 before and they hit way harder so i know something is wrong. i thought to get to 1ohm it was all positives together and all negatives together also what should the amp settings be? any help would be great i worked my self up all month and they are just a disappointment right now.

Thanks,

gdf_zpsb84eb261.png

As, asked above.

What is you box specs?

Where your lpf set at?

Gain?

that picture is what i used to wire them but do they have to bridge at the amp or can i use the two output channels?

my low pass is set at 80 and the gain at 2.5v thats what jvc said was the output voltage for that head unit. the box is two sides 1.35^3 each tuned to 35hz. could the headunit be the problem? it worked fine on my last subs

Head units rarely output their spec'd preout voltage. Most likely your gain should be set higher to get some juice running to those Sundowns.

that picture is what i used to wire them but do they have to bridge at the amp or can i use the two output channels?my low pass is set at 80 and the gain at 2.5v thats what jvc said was the output voltage for that head unit. the box is two sides 1.35^3 each tuned to 35hz. could the headunit be the problem? it worked fine on my last subs
Bridged at the amp? You've got them wired wrong I have a feeling... The amp has dual inputs correct? Like + - + -

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.