Help! Sub isn't hitting hard enough

Joncar

I drive a 2013 Camaro and I picked up a Mojo 12" dual 4 ohm sub and a Memphis prx1.1500 amp yesterday to replace my Rockford Fosgate R1's and Fosgate 500 watt monoblock amp. I was using a cheap PAC line out converter with my old set up and it actually worked flawlessly for 6 months (and they still did when I pulled them out.)

So I grabbed a new Scosche line out converter and hooked it all up. I used 4 gauge wire for my power and ground. I connected the converter to one of my rear 6x9's (positive and negative) and ran the remote wire to my cigarette lighter in my console which is the same way I had it before. The subwoofer is bridged properly, my amp is powered and grounded, my sub is receiving a signal, but it's just hitting extremely weak. I heard it in my brothers car and it hit extremely hard. What could be wrong???? And also, I picked up the sub/box/amp for $200. Good deal?

2_354.jpg

I don't know what to tell you man. I can't find the manual for that model. I would personally take the top cover off and double check it's not a false cover to give a cleaner look for installs. The 500 has the settings on the top. Your amp will at least have a gain if not additional xovers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.