Help!! Stereo not working anymore after unplugging. Alpine!! Look inside

TTOSteve

So I bought a 2001 Dodge Ram that came with a nice setup. I was troubleshooting some other issues and disconnected the stereo from the truck. When I plugged it back in, nada, no workie! Its a Alpine CDA-9886. I have power all the way to the back of it. I have checked and rechecked every fuse and every connection. I have plugged in the factory amp, and unplugged it. I have tried all options including the reset button behind the faceplace.

Is there a code or button combo I am supposed to enter for security? Nothing is coming on. is it possible me unplugging it killed the stereo?

No tunes in Houston traffic means heavy stress. I need help triple ASAP.

Thanks!

Did you check the fuse on the back of the radio? And you've checked all fuse boxes, whether they be inside the cab or the engine bay(sorry not familiar with dodges so I don't know where/how much fuse boxes they have)?

did you check acc power? i have a dodge and i blew the acc fuse out of the blue. still to this day i never found that fuse. just ran a new acc

dont know what too much about alpine but i know there older ones need a code to press in. it makes it seem like theres no power to it.

and i can not remember what i did but i was either pressing 2 buttons and hold or one and hold but you know you got it it will say code across the screen

Alright. So it is the 12 volt wire. I noticed my interior lights were not working either. Just the domes. Anyway, I ran a wire from the battery directly to the harness from truck to stereo. And it fixed the stereo and interior lights for some reason. The weird thing is if I cut the original wire away from the truck, and just run from battery to stereo. It doesnt work. I have to leave the original truck wire in the mix for some reason. I dont understand that.

Also, I am getting a ton of feedback in the front speakers as well. weird stuff. Now back to troubleshooting my original problem.

Can anyone tell me why I would have lost that 12v power wire somewhere? Why would it quit working just from an unplug? And why would it take out the dome lights?

a friend of mine had a similar issue with a pt cruiser, i ended up having to run a new fused wire, bypassing both of the factory fuses in the car, it fixed the problem, but did the same thing, if i did not leave the factory wire hooked up it didnt work, never really figured out where the wire went bad,

watched it closely for a week or so to make sure it wasnt going to do any damage, has been that way for 4 months now and is still doing fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.