help me out on this setup

Participant count
  • Participant list
for $400 you could either browse the classifieds here if you don't mind buying used or if you want to buy new you could do something like this, one of these ported SA-12D4 - SUNDOWN AUDIO 12" DVC 4 OHM SA SUBWOOFER SUB | eBay with this amp at a 2 ohm load NEW MB QUART ONX1.1000D 1000W MONO D Car Amplifier Amp | eBay it would lead you room to add another one in the future. Or you could do one of these SSA Shop - SoundSolutionsAudio 12" SSA ICON Sub woofer and the same amp, would be a little over $400 but worth it IMO

what if i purchase this amp?MB Quart ONX1.1500D - ONYX Class D Monoblock Car Amplifier/Amp

im willin to spend a bit more,

i want 2 12's to use max power out of this baby.
CEA-2006 complient means it will do what it claims.. This one is not.

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Yoy should look around the web and see what 1 of those subs can do

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

AQ1200D Amplifier

oh **** iite, i might stay close to a 500W RMS..

tell me this, i had a Kicker ZX400.1 and a Kicker CVT12 SUB. it was a shallow 12 sub in a truck enclosure

I put that in my trunk and it was GARBAGE.. in my truck it used to hit hard, but in the car trunk it was garbage..then i moved it into the car and sounded good..was 400W not good enough to get through?? or was it the truck enclosure?

If i got the MB Quart ONX1.1000D, I can run that from my stock battery right??? and not need a CAP?? or will I need a cap? if so can you put one for me that would be good? ive never had a capacitor so dunno how those work

Caps destroy alternators. Do the big 3,, if you still get dimming add a small battery.

You need to look for amps that are CEA-2006 complient. That MB is not. The AQ750 and 2 SSA Dcon 12s will be nice

Caps destroy alternators. Do the big 3,, if you still get dimming add a small battery.
You need to look for amps that are CEA-2006 complient. That MB is not. The AQ750 and 2 SSA Dcon 12s will be nice
The CEA-2006 test means nothing at any load other than 4 ohms. The MB will be fine; it's cheaper than the AQ and will allow him to have more power.

OP- Get the ONX1.1000, get an SA-12 Dual 4, build a 1.7-1.8 cu ft box, and tune it to about 30Hz. Do the big three if you haven't done so, and don't waste your money on a cap.

Imma follow the reviews on Sonic Electronix for that ampand they say its good

now how about this sub?

NEW! KICKER CVX12 12" Car Subwoofer Comp VX Audio Sub | eBay

So i can use that amp at 750rms for 2ohm

and wire that sub for 2ohm

idk if this makes sense, but is it better to have 2 subs that hit at 400w rms each totalling 800w rms, or 1 sub that hits at 800w rms..

does it make a difference?
Don't buy Kicker. The Sundown will hit harder, go lower, and sound better doing it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.