New car, need HU help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

lorideslo
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have 2008 Cadillac STS without the navigation system. I am looking to replace the factory radio with an aftermarket double din. has any one got any pics? And will I loose those setting that are thrown in the factory radio for example driver personal settings ect? Please help me out. Went to Cadillacforums.com and got nothing. Let me know something CA.com thanks in advance.

Nothing wrong with shopping at Crutchfield, best online retail customer service. Easiest way to get what you want with everything you need to complete the install correctly. Pick the double din you want, call them up, and they'll make sure you have everything you need, and you get a warranty and detailed instructions. It's darn near foolproof. better than any online forum.

If you use them, buy from them.

You'll need a GMOS adapter, runs around $100, in order to interface with the Class II Data Bus. They can tell you which one. You'll need a mounting kit as well - Metra or Scosche have them for each vehicle.

If you have specific questions or want to know why/how something works, feel free to ask us. Be sure to read the manual first. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Going to your local shop for information then buying online is a bad move and the reason the industry is suffering. I never recommend that and shake my finger at those that do.

Nothing wrong with shopping at Crutchfield, best online retail customer service. Easiest way to get what you want with everything you need to complete the install correctly. Pick the double din you want, call them up, and they'll make sure you have everything you need, and you get a warranty and detailed instructions. It's darn near foolproof. better than any online forum.
If you use them, buy from them.

You'll need a GMOS adapter, runs around $100, in order to interface with the Class II Data Bus. They can tell you which one. You'll need a mounting kit as well - Metra or Scosche have them for each vehicle.

If you have specific questions or want to know why/how something works, feel free to ask us. Be sure to read the manual first. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Going to your local shop for information then buying online is a bad move and the reason the industry is suffering. I never recommend that and shake my finger at those that do.
Thanks, does anyone have pics of a ddin installed in an STS?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.