help me choose between 2 brand of comp???

Originally posted by blueski I dont have places to listen to them...I want the help from all u..my good friends..
Well....since it's for your rear fill....I personally wouldn't get a set of component speakers (I wouldn't put anything for rear fill), but if you want to, get a dedicated midbass driver like the Koda http://www.adireaudio.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AA001&Product_Code=K6&Category_Code=30.10

And you really should listen to MB's before buying them...and if you can't, then look into something else, because you might end up hating them...

Its just the fact that for rear fill you aren't going to get the full detail of the speakers anyway. So why spend that much more for something a regular pair of coaxial speakers would take care of. I myself have components in the rear but I could have gotten away wi th coaxes since I can't really hear them in detail.

-peace

I have MB Quart DTC169s (6x9) in the rear (coming out next week-blown voice coil). They sound great, I love highs which is why I'll be replacing with Kappas. The only problem is the tweeter and highs can be too sensitive. Some songs may sound bad because the highs get all crazy. If you try to tune them down, when you change songs it doesn't sound good anymore. It is always a battle to keep the highs at that perfect level for your music. But, if you're willing to deal they're a great speaker.

For rear fill I dont even think you need to waste your time with a component set first of all....2nd it would help if you told us what your looking for....are you looking for bass, sound quality what? Do you have a 4 door or a 2door?

for a 4 door....like mine I dont have anything in my rear deck other then 2 holes covered by custom vent plates to port my subs into the cabin of the car....I have 3 ways in the doors and 2 ways in the rear doors and its very very satisfiying

I had the mb quart discus 6 1/2 to start with in my front doors and they couldnt handle rap and hip hop/r and b music at high volumes....so I got kappa 3ways and they have done the trick the hold up under everything and they are crystal clear at mid/high levels...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.