6x9s up front

Participant count
  • Participant list

FAM4LIFE
10+ year member

SHILOH BOY
Thinking of putting two 6x9s up front in 6x9 boxes. I would mount them vertically in the spots located under the dash, behind the head unit in that open space by the pedal. I've seen set-ups with subs in those spots but does anyone think this would work.

I have a 98' Olds Intrigue.

or if you dont want to upgrade factory, dont go with 6X9. the shape of the speaker sort of sets off sound quality. look at 6.5 in round speakers, and then see what you can do about a box

Originally posted by FAM4LIFE I may get an RE 8' to put up there and upgrade the components in the door. I've seen alot of folks put subs up front.
Ok...sounds like a plan. Is this because you want some extra punch up front because of the single HC, or is this in turn with a pair of them?

And what components are you looking at upgrading to?

- Steve

if ya not too sure what components to upgrade to, take a look at the mb quart components if ya dont have a tight budget. and forget what people say that "their tweeters are too sharp", dont mind those people.... i'm guessing that if you get components you wont stick the tweeters right next to your head. people get major brain damage from pulling that sh*t. but i'm only saying this because i'm a huge mb quart fan. but it sounds like ss3079 really knows his stuff, probally one of the best sources for any question that you may have about car audio

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.