Help me choose a SQ Sub

If you have a spec box for the DCs they will dig deep and sound good at higher tones. I can only compare them to the Alpine Type Rs the DC replaced. The box was built for the DCs so that might of been were they got the advantage. The Alpines had impresive SPL capability and the DCs matched it while sounding better. But that last part isnt hard to do

Please don't try to sell me **** on this thread. I'm looking for help.

i was trying help out a$$hole

you wanted idea's on decent SQ subs, i had some decent old school SQ subs. all you had to do was say no thanks. instead you were an a$$.

good luck trying to get help with a crap attitude like that.

Going to try to resque this thread before it devolves into flames... also subscribed because I had not considered TC subs when I was doing research.

That said, i've made multiple threads, read about 15 and looked into reviews and the like. Like you, BrewCrew, I wanted to get something that would take a minimal amount of space (something I could install in the trunk side-pocket area with a custom-fitted fiberglass box). Also was looking at 10 and 12", though quickly decided to go with the 12". My thought on that was a) I want more oompf b) the sub is one component that I will absolutely be able to transfer between vehicles, so may as well get THE right one instead of having to upgrade later and c) I wanted more oompf... did I mention that already?

Anyway, it seemed that the consensus always led back to a Shiva X2 (annoying as they are still out of stock - though it IS june now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif). I can't speak from experience obviously as I haven't bought it yet, but for the price and considering its popularity, I figure worst case scenario - I hate it, resell it at maybe $30-$40 loss, and try something else. That said, subscribing to this thread. Curious to see how people compare TC subs to the Shiva X2. My focus is also sound quality (flat response, warm, transparant, no boominess, but needed to be able to dig down way low - planned crossover is around 65Hz and prolly a 24db shelf), but I also like to feel the bass in my chest cavity.

I see TC for sale pretty much everywhere it seems. Shivas are much more difficult to come by. I think there was one guy on here, CACO and DIYMA in the last 4 months selling one, and he cancelled the sale for whatever reason (original emergency must have passed). My point being is, it seems that people that buy em hold on to them. That right there is a vote of confidence for me. But then again, it may be that TC subs are just that much more prolific?

Anyway, GL with your build. I'm starting mine next weekend (sooo hyped! - build logs soon!). Lets hear some more opinions on here too - TC vs Shiva X2. Who wins?

Posting from work, so need this disclaimer:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

you wanted idea's on decent SQ subs, i had some decent old school SQ subs. all you had to do was say no thanks. instead you were an a$$.

Whoa man, you had to come back a week later and say that? Don't get so butt hurt. You weren't the only one, he could have been directing it to the dude who offered the IDMAX. If you knew how many people on here try to sell their crap in help threads, you might think differently. PLUS, he said please! Compared to your name calling, he looked like a saint.

Whoa man, you had to come back a week later and say that? Don't get so butt hurt. You weren't the only one, he could have been directing it to the dude who offered the IDMAX. If you knew how many people on here try to sell their crap in help threads, you might think differently. PLUS, he said please! Compared to your name calling, he looked like a saint.
yes, a week, because i was on vacation. does it matter?

and if i were the a$$hole for getting offended because he replied the way he did and i took it the wrong way, then sorry. but honestly, i am pretty sure i didnt take it the wrong way.

I would look at getting a couple of infinity 10's. My buddy had one in a small box and the sound was extremely clean. Will vouch for the rl-p (favorite sounding sub) but not sure how it will sound in such a small box.

You're the ******* barging into his topic trying to sell him ****. Is this in the classifieds? No? Then GTFO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.