Help me choose a SQ Sub

BrewCrew
10+ year member

I have a Nissan Altima Coupe with limited trunk space. Please keep in mind that I need to keep some trunk space for my golf clubs and other ****. I listen to Metal, Lamb of God, Pantera etc, and old school Rap, Too Short, Ant Banks etc. Looking at SQ subs and I don't need to shake my nuts off bass wise. This is how my system currently sits:

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD Reciever

Hert MLK 165 Components powered by a Tru T-4.65 2x200w at 4ohms

Sundown SAX-1200D for the subs: 1x720w at 2ohm or 1x1200w at 1ohm

I'm either looking at (2) 10's or (1) 12 in a sealed box. Could do ported but I would need help with boxes. The 10's would have to be in box with .62ft per chamber. The 12 would have to be in less than 1.0ft.

Would be looking used unless I can get a smoking deal on some new ones. Looking to spend around $200 - $250. I'm running low on cash

My choices (Very open for ideas):

(2) 10's: DC Level 3 , IDQV2 or V3, Arc Audio Arc 10, Dayton HF, Audioque SDC 2.5, and these: Phoenix Gold Competition subwoofer 10" car audio New - eBay (item 250742837861 end time Jun-12-11 09:18:51 PDT)

(1) 12: IDQV2 or V3, Arc Audio Arc 12, Shiva X2, Skar Audio VVX, TC Sounds Epic, SSA Icon or Dcon, SoundSplinter RL-p, Flatlyne, Stereo Integrity, Mach 5, lower end DD,

or this, this one I find very intriguing:

ORION XTR PRO12d4 Brand New and The ORIGINAL XTR-PRO - eBay (item 380276484229 end time Jun-03-11 17:14:40 PDT)

For none nut shaking bass i recommend the idq's.

Im really not certain though, as i try and look at subs that will rattle a testicle or two..

Im sure someone will chime in that wont bust your balls.

What frequency gap are you looking to fill?

Do you consider "SQ" being a flat response curve and proper reproduction/representation, or just something that sounds good and accurate?

Feel free to PM me.

Have you considered a fi q 10 or 12. I think there is a couple or at least there was for sale on here. I have heard great things about them. I also have heard fi ssd's and found them to be pretty musical.

they are more based on loudness, still sound good though. but by no means are they a sq sub. They are more comparable to a TC-3000 than an lms-r or something along those lines

depending on where you are in Wisconsin, I have a pair of old school Infinity Kappa 10"s in a powerwedge box. they are the old school green cones.

looking to get $125 if you want to meet up somewhere (im in minneapolis).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.