Help Me Choose 8s

I see the de 2508 comes only in ESP. is there a super charged option and what does that do for it?
It’s for looks. You can get a smaller dust cap, choose between 2 logos, custom color the basket, custom color the cone. The supercharged version may have a different material they make the cone from, but I’m not sure. It doesn’t change power handling or specs though, unless they are doing something new, or I was possibly too stoned to realize there was extra stuff. Possible.....

If you’re doing subs with plexiglass or lexan panels, DD is a good choice for looks. I haven’t used them in a few years, but they use to be very very quality subs, I ran a couple 1508s for awhile, and they were very good.

High Bl doesn't mean as much if the Re is super high as well. There's a ratio of Bl and Re you can calculate to directly compare motor strengths. A higher Re comes with a higher Bl, so a woofer with 2x 4 ohm coils is going to have a higher Bl than the same woofer with 2x 2 ohm coils. That doesn't mean the woofer has more motor strength, because the Re being higher means the Bl is going to be a ratio to the Re.

IIRC the DD 8's need larger boxes, but they may have changed that, I don't see many people running DD anymore because their prices are very high, IMO. I like their stuff, but I wouldn't pay that much for it, outside of the 9500, 9900, DD 3" coil Z and DD 4" coil Z.

I'm really leaning towards DD 2508 ESP super charged as I do more research. There the only woofer that's a true 8"

I've heard those in person, DD makes some of the better 8's in my opinion. We were dealers for DD and the 8's were always suprisingly loud. You may want to look into the SC part, IIRC it's a shorting ring or something like that? Correct me if I'm wrong on that, I'm not sure that's the best for music, but I think it helps with power handling and cone control. Can somebody confirm or correct me on that?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...