help bass fading in and out

Participant count
  • Participant list

JChap

i had my system installed by a professional. I have an Alpine INA-W910 in dash head unit with nav. all brand new equipment JL door speakers and 10" JL subwoofers. 400 watt 4 ch for the speakers and a 600 watt for the subs. system worked great for 6 months. then the level of bass started dropping randomly. the status lights on my amp did not change indicating any major problem with it. i took it in to the audio store and got another amp put in due to a high pitch whine coming from the amplifier itself. they said it indicated an internal power issue with the amp. my system was back working great for a couple months and now it is happening again. there is no high pitch whine this time. all connections are good and i have a steady 14 v of incoming power. the volume out of the speakers remains the same. just the subs dim out sometimes for an hour or more. they never cut out completely tho. any insight would be appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
What does "bass dropping down but not out" mean?

And that sounds like an interesting issue. I would think you've got a bad connection somewhere or have some voltage drop, but apparently you've checked over all the connections yourself, and have clean, sanded down grounds? And checked the voltage at the amp yourself and it's not dropping below 14v?

the bass still hits just not as hard. almost as if its lowered on some sort if protection device but my amp has leds to indicate overcurrent and overheating

yes i have checked all the connections that i physically can see and get to including grounds. with my meter on the amp the voltage doesnt budge from 14 v

yes i have checked all the connections that i physically can see and get to including grounds. with my meter on the amp the voltage doesnt budge from 14 v
Peculiar indeed... Hopefully some more experienced guys can get in and help. Your title is misleading and vague, it might help if you had something like "Help, bass fades in and out" or something a bit more descriptive. I think you can still edit the post.

i have checked the grounding. both grounds from my subs amp and the 4-ch are secured tightly together. so being that they are together i would assume if i had a ground issue it would cause issues with both correct?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.