Db drive 12"

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cadillac_02
10+ year member

ok so i traded a box i had for a small system but i am wanting to use these subs for my mid bass to replace the 8" mid bass sub in my car with 2 db drive 12" k1's that would be mounted in the rear panel of my lac in an open air area is that a good or bad idea?? i am wanting to hook these up to a 4ch amp along with 2 6x9....

That's most likely a bad idea. It takes a lot of work to get an infinite baffle set-up to work properly and be secured, without compromising the structural integrity of the vehicle, from what I've heard. And those subs more than likely aren't suited for that.

And powering the subs in IB with a 4ch amp with 6x9 means you're going to have almost zero power. If you're looking to continue using a miniscule amount of power, you might be better suited just replacing the current 8" woofer, with just a better one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.