Help! Amplifier max output for Speakers!

Participant count
  • Participants list

Prudencio

CarAudio.com Newbie
Greetings to everyone!

Guys, just a simple question regarding amplifiers.

I bought a 500w amp, 2-channel bridge. So, do I have 500w on each channel (for 2x 500w speakers) or I should consider the sum of both (for 250w speakers)?

I bought 2x speakers, for rear only (Alpine SXE-6925S, 6 x 9 Speakers (280 W)), but it seems like the amp still way stronger than the speakers without using the amp GAIN. I wonder if it can handle some 500w speakers instead and go louder.

Pics, attached.

Thanks for the support!

Attachments

• amp.jpg
    amp.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 169
  • speakers.jpg
    speakers.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 109
Ignore the 500w thing go by RMS ratings only. That amp does 60w x 2 at 4 ohm stereo or 190 x 1 bridged at 4 ohm. Connect one speaker to the Left + and - and one to the right + and -.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.