How do I set up a 120v outlet in my car for my sound system?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Neekazoid

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
This may sound strange, but I have a great sounding 1200w samsung system thats bluetooth and would like to install it in my car. One catch though.... It needs a standard outlet for power. So Ive been doing research and have found this inverter. I think this would be fine, but I am unsure how to install this safely and make sure I have enough voltage in my car for accessories.

I drive:
2011 Toyota Rav4 4cyl

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    340.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    70.8 KB · Views: 134
I deliberately come on here for actual help and this is what I get lmao. Thanks bud.

No matter what you install whether you go get the stock converter from another rav4 or use that bulky inverter.

Its still running on a 12v system, which means you will only be getting 5-10 amps, close to 100 watts. That is before you start over working your alternator and killing your battery.

1200 watt 120v system would not even work even with an inverter.

A realistic solution would be multiple batteries ran in series which is a ticking time bomb if not secured.

I was legit gonna help you but you went and called me a snob. And no. So fuck you, yo momma, and yo cousin too. Figure out what size inverter you need, buy the correct one, read the instructions, and put it in you fucking dumbass.

No matter what you install whether you go get the stock converter from another rav4 or use that bulky inverter.

Its still running on a 12v system, which means you will only be getting 5-10 amps, close to 100 watts. That is before you start over working your alternator and killing your battery.

1200 watt 120v system would not even work even with an inverter.

A realistic solution would be multiple batteries ran in series which is a ticking time bomb if not secured.
Ok thank you. There is where the dumb idea comes in. I understand now, preciate it.

I was legit gonna help you but you went and called me a snob. And no. So fuck you, yo momma, and yo cousin too. Figure out what size inverter you need, buy the correct one, read the instructions, and put it in you fucking dumbass.
Its all good bud, already got it that its a **** idea... BUT SOMEONE ACTUALLY EXPLAINED IT. Just because Im on here doesnt mean I know a **** ton about car audio and have invested thousands. Im a dumb ass when it comes to this, thats why Im here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.