Ground Distribution Blocks?!?!

Participant count
  • Participant list

nofriends46
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have two amps, cap and one electronic crossover, my both amps & cap is 8 guage for ground. My electronic crossover is just like speaker wire type, like 20 or something.

Should i run all ground wires to my ground dristribution block?

My ground excepts 4 8 gauge output and 4-8 guage output. If i do, what should i use 4 or 8 guage? Or should i just run my amps and cap, not the electronic crossover?

Does the ground wire needs to be a certain length to the ground distribution block?

If so, how long, my amps are like 2ft apart and my electronic crossover is 3 ft away from the amps or less, the cap is close to the amp.

Thanks!

u dont need it really but it makes the job look nice if u do use one i wouldnt run the crossover off it the just the amps and the cap. no there isnt any set distce it has to be just make sure that is a good groud.

Ground the distibution block using 4 awg wire no longer than 18 inches. The shorter the better. Then ground all amps, crossovers, ect. to the distribution block.

You would most likely want to send a private message to Chris229, he is our signal expert, he would be able to walk you through steps to help you eliminate the source of the problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.