Intermittent ground/power..HELP

Tyefighter

CarAudio.com Newbie
PA
So I installed my JBL preamp under seat bass and have everything wired up but I can't seem to get a ground..I can move the ground around to different places that are bolted to the body and frame but it will spark for a second and the power light will flicker but won't stay on.

Yes..I've tried different locations and moved it around while amp is powered..it'll flicker for a second but doesn't stay powered

Yeah I did at first..installed, connected, no power, disconnected, moved ground, connected, no power, multi meter, have power and continuity all the way to the fuse, disconnect, move ground, connect, no power, forgot to disconnect, detached ground to remove speaker and ground bumped roll bar, light flickered, did that twice, ordered new unit, disconnected, installed, connected, no power, new unit does same ground flicker thing.

Yeah I did at first..installed, connected, no power, disconnected, moved ground, connected, no power, multi meter, have power and continuity all the way to the fuse, disconnect, move ground, connect, no power, forgot to disconnect, detached ground to remove speaker and ground bumped roll bar, light flickered, did that twice, ordered new unit, disconnected, installed, connected, no power, new unit does same ground flicker thing.
Make sure your ground is a good ground to shiny metal. Check the fuse for continuity.

So I installed my JBL preamp under seat bass and have everything wired up but I can't seem to get a ground..I can move the ground around to different places that are bolted to the body and frame but it will spark for a second and the power light will flicker but won't stay on.
For under the seat. You can remove one of the seat bolts that go to the frame usually. Sand and clean that area off. Get Two Washers, sand those off, Use a Copper Ring terminal on your ground wire and sand off both sides of the lug. Place a washer then the ground with lug nut then last washer and bolt all down. Should be a pretty solid ground

Last edited:
If you have the remote lead connected, the ground fully connected and are sure the positive is solidly connected, the power won’t stay on while the ignition is on?

Think it is both sadly. None of his posts make any damn sense either.

Either

A. He is out in the sun too much in Hawaii or

B. He needs to quit smoking weed every day,lol
It's like its chatgpt playing madlibs, but it's not it's worse. Some of their BS, like this one, couldn't possibly be any more wrong than what they wrote. They are literally telling them to do the one thing that is going to make it worse.

The problem is that it's only going to take one person who doesn't know better to read that, and believe it, then either wire something up wrong, or completely waste money on something. I don't think it's a language barrier, I don't think it's even stupidity. I think they are trolling, this is not their first account, and they are a punk ass kid that's trying to screw people up.

We had a guy on the one snowmobile forum doing that and someone fell for his or hers bs. Cost the guy a couple hundred bucks in new parts for his snowmobile. Few of us said to ban him as he was trolling or just flat out stupid. Once someone finally took his advice and that happened. That guy came back and just tore him apart. Mods/Admins finally banned him, he tried to come back under another account. I walked the one mod who is a friend through an IP Ban and it worked. Haven't seen that idiot since then thankfully.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...