distorted speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

w9jcm

reno
Hi all just picked up this saleen mustang and started having problems with the stereo. I have a kenwood head with six speakers in front which 4 are run by a kenwood kac-848. And then a sub box with 3 10 inch subs run by a mtx amp. The bass end seems good. I was tinkering with the Inputs on the amp last night and it sounded crisper when i turned them up some so I left it. So tonight i was cranking some bass and suddenly the fronts started to get real cummy like distorted almost like they were blown.. Maybe I did blow them? But it got to dark to keep messing around so tomrrow i will go out and turn back the inputs. And see what happens. Any ideas?

John in Reno

Unless your front speakers are 5.25 inch or 6.5 inch than loud bass will cause distortion and probably ruin them. A high pass crossover should be used to remove bass from small speakers.

Went out this morning and setup the input on the kenwood amp to where it was and whallaaaaaaaaa clean as can be. As for bass on the front speakers.. The MTX is running all the bass the kenwood is running the mids and highs thank you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.