Got me some coilover sleeves for mah civic, droppin this ricer woohooo!

Good choice ditching Skunk. I've never really been a fan of their products. I say pancake the **** out of the ride, lol.

Seriously though I think a no finger gap, or hardly a finger fitting sorta gap would look super sweet. Good thing you have a camber kit. I need one for my car big time. Negative 2.5 camber in front and negative 2.0 in the rears. Gonna swap em out for the stockers (painted) so they wear out first.

BTW, love where you took those shots, great background.

omg i'm so fucking tired. :/

had to work today then as soon as i got home from work i started on the car.

pics.

100_1902-1.jpg

100_1905-1.jpg

100_1906-1.jpg

100_1907-1.jpg

100_1908-1.jpg

100_1909-1.jpg

100_1910-1.jpg

here is where i have an issue. everything is set to the height i want. camber seems just right at eye level.

toe,. is way off!! my wheels are pointing outwards on both. take a look.

drivers side.

100_1911-1.jpg

passenger

100_1912-1.jpg

100_1913-1.jpg

100_1914-1.jpg

wheel gap is fine though

100_1916-1.jpg

will finish the rear tomorrow. then on monday i will have my car towed to sears to have an alighnment done. lol i'm not going to drive with my wheels pointing outwards.

I'm sorry, but the pics aren't big enough...could you please make them bigger?

co-signed.

On to your problem, you should be fine driving a VERY short distance.

Why sears? They refused to see my maxima when they found out it was on coilovers.

My sugguestion would be tire kingdom (prefer one with guys that drive lowered rides... I found one with a manager who had a auto-x school on the side...). And buy their unlimited package for 3 years, it's less than a hundred. And get your alignment done every month to keep your tires in good shape.

You'll knock those coilovers out of spec every month or so. Not my a massive amount, but enough to cut the life of your tire down over time.

Trust me on this one.

co-signed.

On to your problem, you should be fine driving a VERY short distance.

Why sears? They refused to see my maxima when they found out it was on coilovers.

My sugguestion would be tire kingdom (prefer one with guys that drive lowered rides... I found one with a manager who had a auto-x school on the side...). And buy their unlimited package for 3 years, it's less than a hundred. And get your alignment done every month to keep your tires in good shape.

You'll knock those coilovers out of spec every month or so. Not my a massive amount, but enough to cut the life of your tire down over time.

Trust me on this one.
i'll re-size the pics in a moment. i just got out of the shower.

living in key west, the only place i can even take my car to is Sears, and a place called Banner tire. i'll call them tomorrow to see if i can take the car in. if i can't then i will have to call banner tire to see if they will accept the car, if they don't, then i'm pretty screwed and going to have to figure out how to adjust the toe myself in order to take it up north and have a place work on it there.

ouch on having to get an alignment everymonth. that ***** lol. that's like 100 bucks a month to get my wheels fixed :/..

i'll re-size the pics in a moment. i just got out of the shower.living in key west, the only place i can even take my car to is Sears, and a place called Banner tire. i'll call them tomorrow to see if i can take the car in. if i can't then i will have to call banner tire to see if they will accept the car, if they don't, then i'm pretty screwed and going to have to figure out how to adjust the toe myself in order to take it up north and have a place work on it there.

ouch on having to get an alignment everymonth. that ***** lol. that's like 100 bucks a month to get my wheels fixed :/..

Banner (not familiar with them), or Sears might have a 'unlimited' plan that you can buy upfront. Be sure to check on it.

It may not be AS often with smaller wheels/tires and CV axles that don't bind.

I am speaking from experience with the Max and the larger/heavier wheels/CV axles that didn't like the lowering.

Your experience may be somewhat, or totally, different.

Banner (not familiar with them), or Sears might have a 'unlimited' plan that you can buy upfront. Be sure to check on it.
It may not be AS often with smaller wheels/tires and CV axles that don't bind.

I am speaking from experience with the Max and the larger/heavier wheels/CV axles that didn't like the lowering.

Your experience may be somewhat, or totally, different.
the place called Banner tire is some local place that sells good year tires and does work on cars.

we shall see how well the outcome is. i did manage ot just google up a DIY Toe adjustment for an 01 civic in which mine is pretty much the same. only downfall is the thread was created in 02 and none of the pictures are still there :/

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=267237

I recommend just getting the toe adjusted. Don't get alignment till you drive for a few hundred, maybe thousand miles. Whenever you get new springs or coilovers, they will settle over time. If you get alignment now, you are only wasting money to do it again.

I highly recommend taking it somewhere, even if it's not near you (when you do the alignment) to a shop that deals with lowered vehicles. If they have a Hawker Eye machine, that would be great. Or, if the guy knows what he's doing and does it by hand, even better.

For now I'd say take your toe to be adjusted and be careful driving, no need for a tow truck.

I believe you can can change the toe can't you? There should be some bolts which account for adjustability.

I know this is for an older gen civic, but you can check this link out and see if it applies to your Civic in regards to the toe: http://www.civicforums.com/forums/44-suspension-performance/65814-front-end-alignment.html

i tried adjusting the tie rod but i gave up. i for the life of me could not break loose the nut that locks the tie rod from spinning. even with wd40 and blaster on it i could not.

after i got the rear done i had to move the civic out of the porch so i could put the mazda back in. pulling it out wasn't pretty and i found that when i turn the wheel all the way in one direction that my tire is rubbing the sidewall/engine wall.

i left 2 black track marks from where the car was initially positioned and moved to it's resting place. i don't know about yall, but the alignments not drivable. lol

as for the tow truck, i have road side assistance with my insurance so i shouldn't have any problem with getting it towed at no charge. as for taking it to a place that works on lowered vehicles, i'm looking at miami, thus being a good 300-400miles.. i'd rather get a half ass $65 alignment that will at least have my wheels somewhat straightend to at least allow me to drive in order to take up up north to have it checked by people who do work on lowered vehicles.

for now pics.

100_1926-1.jpg

100_1931-1.jpg

100_1929-1.jpg

100_1930-1.jpg

100_1932-1.jpg

LUNCH TIME

100_1933-1.jpg

100_1934-1.jpg

100_1935-1.jpg

100_1936-1.jpg

100_1937-1.jpg

this is how it was initially set to when the coilovers were put in. no height adjustment was set yet. gap was like 2.5 finger gap. and i have skinny fingers.

100_1938-1.jpg

100_1939-1.jpg

then i set it to a 1 finger gap.

100_1940-1.jpg

100_1941-1.jpg

height is just where i want it. i'm sure when i put a system back in the trunk it will then tuck itself just a litle bit.

tomorrow i has to get the alignment done. gotta start calling first thing in the morning.

keep us posted, your sig looks good so im curious what you end up setting it at for dd

I drive a 98 civic on 16" rotas... looking to drop it in the future keep me posted on the ride and what not

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

fbi90909

5,000+ posts
Panty Thief
fbi90909
Key West, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date