Good 1 Cubed Foot Sealed Sub Enclosure?

Any size will be fine. Sealed boxes aren't terribly picky about the shape, it's ported boxes that can start having problems. As long as you give the sub a little room in the back for venting you will be fine

Any size will be fine. Sealed boxes aren't terribly picky about the shape, it's ported boxes that can start having problems. As long as you give the sub a little room in the back for venting you will be fine
This^^ I've never had any problems with odd shaped sealed boxes or perfect cubes

none of those should change much unless you made it wide as **** and had the magnet ON the back wall.. that would be the only time you might have a difference.. I have a truck and a 37" wide box that is less than a cube it sounds fine.. just saying

and as for the tunage for sealed boxes its pretty much just size that gives it any change.. and to figure that out you would have to do some experimenting with the sub you are planning on using

if you want to "tune" a sealed box and you have the room, you could add a passive radiator. that would give you more control over how it will sound
If you really wanted to go crazy with it ya.. but even then you have to know what you are doing find a good radiator to use specifically weight etc and play with it.. if he is asking questions about a cube that is probably a tad out of his ballpark atm..

I have switched from a 5/8" MDF cube sealed box to a 3/4" MDF box of the same internal volume but with an angled back wall. There was an immediate difference in the bass. Part of that comes from the sturdier wood, and part of it is from not having a perfect cube. I recommend Atrend for a prefab box.

I have switched from a 5/8" MDF cube sealed box to a 3/4" MDF box of the same internal volume but with an angled back wall. There was an immediate difference in the bass. Part of that comes from the sturdier wood, and part of it is from not having a perfect cube. I recommend Atrend for a prefab box.
Standing waves aren't really a problem in a relatively small sealed box housing a subwoofer. If there really was a noticeable change, it was more likely from the new construction (sealed better, less flexing, etc) than from a standing rear wave issue like you are implying.

Like said above, generally sealed boxes are pretty flexible in what shape you can get away with using. Hell, some people have used plastic hose layed down inside their doors to increase the internal volume of the enclosure they have housed their mids in, which obviously is no where near a uniform size/shape throughout the internal space.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.