12" sealed subwoofers for .85 cubic foot gross before displacement

Participant count
  • Participant list

gunz4me2
10+ year member

Bat Country
Louisiana
I'm getting old and lazy and about to move, so I don't have time to build an enclosure. I'm thinking about getting this enclosure for a 2019 Mustang GT: https://www.zenclosures.com/2015-Mustang-Subwoofer-Box-p/mustang15t3ff.htm

As of now, It's looking like the DC Audio 12" LVL2 either M3 or M4 would be the way to go for this particular enclosure since I am depth limited to 7" and .85 cubic foot per sub. I was just wondering if there were any other subs I should consider?

I currently have a Kenwood DDX9907XR installed with a MMATS HIFI-6150D available to power the entire system. I'm thinking of Pioneer components for the front doors/pillar tweeters and running active using either the deck or an outboard processor since my deck will do 2-way plus sub active with time alignment. My only complaint is the limited EQ for tuning if I went solely with the deck.

The crazy thing is I modeled the DC Audio LVL 2, Alpine Type S, and Dayton HO12, and they are all stupid close in predictive modeling.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...