Going Active --- $275 to spend on Mids and Tweets (Image Dynamics vs. HAT vs. CDT?)

those drivers are nice..I want to try the x 65..

honestly though he needs mire cone area that little power gain isn't likely to give him air more output unless the I'd is as efficient which I don't think it is..
Those are nice drivers. And guess what. I replaced them in my car w/ a low Q, low Fs home audio driver that outperforms it in every way.

^Usher 8945P

Here's something for y'all to chew on. Now, I'm sure some of you see no value in objective data, the idea being that graphs and numbers can't tell you how a speaker subjectively sounds. I'm not interested in having that debate here, but hopefully no one disagrees that if two speakers measure the same, they'll sound the same.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...udio-black-6-0-midwoofer-klippel-results.html

Arc Audio charges ~$500 msrp for a pair of woofers you can buy retail for $120.

Oh yeah, and they're of the home audio, low Fs, low Q variety. I guess the sticker makes it suitable for use in a door IB.

You'll have to log onto diy if you want to view the thread, btw.

Well... I'm not interested in building a ported enclosure in my door.

This may never have occurred to you, but if there are real world examples that go opposite your beliefs, your understandings are flawed. I don't doubt you've had poor experiences, it's just that the conclusions that you've drawn from them are false. It's not just me getting excellent performance out of low Q, low Fs drivers in a door.

And hells no about those Arcs. They're nice woofers, but only an idiot or brandwhore would buy them for anything more than ~$120 - minus the sticker, of course. That said, I'm sure they're great in a door. Just not the type of speaker you'd run without an XO.

I used to have an 01 solara. I fully deadened my doors and ran my IDcx62v1s off of ~50rms a piece and they were crucial. I believe I had them down to 60hz on a 18db slope for a while and then moved it up to 80hz on 12db slope. Either way, I was getting great midbass running IB 6.5" speakers in the door. I also used 3/4" mdf mounting rings so that helped with the depth issue. Neither the plastic door panel nor window would hit the magnet and those speakers are fairly deep. If you are interested in any pics from my setup i can get them for you.
pictures would be very helpful, ive sent you a PM

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.